• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

Kiemarsh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/4/20
I have a KOR, BVF and GF and regarding the bracelet, the GF takes the lead by far. Better color, brushing and finish, with the almost correct flat screws. Same when compared to the gen thing. Just my opinion.

How is the bracelet 'feel' wise, does it feel similar in quality to the gen when in hand? Thanks

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
How is the bracelet 'feel' wise, does it feel similar in quality to the gen when in hand? Thanks

The GF bracelet is the best of the three. Don't worry about the feel, it does look the part.

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/2/19
Hi all

Many thanks guys for this review of the Santos and all the comparative pictures really helpful.
Finally i will be getting a GF santos- I'm clear about the factory, actually i'm deciding on the size, maybe 40mm because is the most familar size to me ( daily is 5 digit rolex/ tudor/6 digit rolex rotation) but I'm doubtful of seeing it too big and the 35 being too small- if I were for something more dressy i will go for the 35 definetively but I love the ''presence'' of sport watches and this santos is going to be used in the daily (more sporty/informal) rotation.

Could you assist me choosing the size?
Many thanks in advance

Reactions: asanibal

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I sometimes feel that 40mm is large and other days I think it looks just fine. Just got me the Tag Heuer calibre 01 46mm after realizing bigger is better! Here is my blue Santos 40mm

c1a8151bfa6268b045363e7dceaa706e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: tedit

mcn7710

Known Member
18/1/20
Down Under
I feel 40mm is best for normal/informal use. I have a small wrist 6” and it doesn’t see big at all.
2e44811c16245d6177bd6af6ca6efac3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: leo6929

SKnight

8/7/19
I had a similar dilemma, I was afraid it would wear small on my 6.75 inch wrist but I went for the 35 for a few reasons;

1. The 35 wears larger probably more like a 38/39, keep in mind it's a square watch.

​​​​​​2. Personally, I prefer the Santos without the date window. The design feels more purest and elegant. Even on the 40 I feel it feels forced, with the exception of the blue dial. Since the only options were 35 dateless or 40 with date I went 35 and I'm really glad I did.

3. Finally the 35 I feel is more versatile, and transitions seamlessly from a casual to more formal environments. It feels as appropriate with a pair of jeans and a white T as it does under the cuff on a suit.​​​ I feel no other brand strikes this balance as well as cartier.

Here's a pic, post #2

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-appreciation-post-your-pictures-and-opinions

​​​
Hope this helps

Cheers and stay safe
​​​​

Last edited:

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
Hi all

Many thanks guys for this review of the Santos and all the comparative pictures really helpful.
Finally i will be getting a GF santos- I'm clear about the factory, actually i'm deciding on the size, maybe 40mm because is the most familar size to me ( daily is 5 digit rolex/ tudor/6 digit rolex rotation) but I'm doubtful of seeing it too big and the 35 being too small- if I were for something more dressy i will go for the 35 definetively but I love the ''presence'' of sport watches and this santos is going to be used in the daily (more sporty/informal) rotation.

Could you assist me choosing the size?
Many thanks in advance

I tried in Cartier Boutique for me and my Girlfriend and definitely 40mm is my size, 35 is too small. To my GF 35 was perfect, she has a very small wrist.
My wrist is around 18cm.

4310afb812c67007137d71e722837b25.plist

For your reference, The Santos 100 looks much bigger on wrist and it is 38. But bigger case.

0cf0582eb7b2817db6b6de6950e424fd.plist

eb88d1ef292daa29baee1f496f9f6ed6.jpg

So go for 40, and if you regret, let me know and :p

Last edited:
Reactions: tedit and leo6929

Tornado33

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/20
Hi guys! First of all I really appreciate the helpfull atmosphere of this forum. Thanks for all the help!

So is there general consensus that GF Santos XL is better rep than the KOR Santos XL? Is there anything that is better in KOR version? Size seems to be identic. I found this comparision. Very helpful.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...iva-fotografica-cartier-santos-40mm-kor-vs-gf

My wrist size is 7 inch/18 cm. Do you think there is any need for an extra bracelet links?

SKnight

8/7/19
Hi guys! First of all I really appreciate the helpfull atmosphere of this forum. Thanks for all the help!

So is there general consensus that GF Santos XL is better rep than the KOR Santos XL? Is there anything that is better in KOR version? Size seems to be identic. I found this comparision. Very helpful.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...iva-fotografica-cartier-santos-40mm-kor-vs-gf

My wrist size is 7 inch/18 cm. Do you think there is any need for an extra bracelet links?

GF is the way to go.

​​​​​ I've got the 35 mm, and my wrist is approximately the same size and I removed a few links, so you should be fine.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Is that a gen strap?

No, it is the strap that came with my KOR Santos. I have compared it with the gen and actually is very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

mcn7710

Known Member
18/1/20
Down Under
Is that a gen strap?

No, it is the strap that came with my KOR Santos. I have compared it with the gen and actually is very similar.

[/QUOTE]

The GF leather strap is terrible.

SKnight

8/7/19
replikmaster great pictures mate.
I've made a cartier appreciation thread, would really appreciate you adding these pictures there.

Cheers and stay safe

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Got my GF 40mm today - measured at 10.4mm which is a bit annoying. I did reject the first one I got QC on which was 10.1mm so there's definitely some inconsitency there