• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

Bendori

2/5/16
A few pics or the two-tone:

89f8f9d977a85f3e8f725713f7de2847.plist

ffc033945dad0aef4970d7591dcaae5d.plist

be560f184571b22727e09c2cc6b5d9b7.jpg

Which maker is the two tone? AFAIK only BVF makes two tones with bracelets which is inferior to GF?

mac83

9/7/13
Seems like alot of people stayed away from the blue, but im still tempted to go for the blue GF

SKnight

8/7/19
leo6929 hey mate, I've made a Cartier appreciation threads. I'd appreciate it if you would contribute pictures of your Cartier collection.

Thanks and stay safe in these crazy times

Reactions: leo6929

Pope

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/19
The 3KF Santos have arrived on Trustytime and overall they seem decent but printing quality on the dial seems poor compared to lets say GF or BVF. May not be noticeable in normal use.
Bracelet doesn't fit as good as BVF which seems to be the only factory to have achieved something similar to the gen in this regard.
The gold and rose gold have the "stamps" on the bezel, clearly laser made but should hardly be noticeable in real life situation.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
The 3KF Santos have arrived on Trustytime and overall they seem decent but printing quality on the dial seems poor compared to lets say GF or BVF. May not be noticeable in normal use.
Bracelet doesn't fit as good as BVF which seems to be the only factory to have achieved something similar to the gen in this regard.
The gold and rose gold have the "stamps" on the bezel, clearly laser made but should hardly be noticeable in real life situation.

I have a KOR, BVF and GF and regarding the bracelet, the GF takes the lead by far. Better color, brushing and finish, with the almost correct flat screws. Same when compared to the gen thing. Just my opinion.

Reactions: phdsjain

SKnight

8/7/19
I have a KOR, BVF and GF and regarding the bracelet, the GF takes the lead by far. Better color, brushing and finish, with the almost correct flat screws. Same when compared to the gen thing. Just my opinion.

I second that!! The GF bracelet would be hard to beat, it's sublime!

Pope

15/2/19
I was specifically referring to the "gaps" between the bracelet and the case of the watch, only BVF (v2) seems to have minimal ones (like gen):
QyaNK.jpg

Screws in GF bracelet are also too recessed:
QyqMj.jpg

I will take your word regarding quality as I haven't tried the watches.
There's an other point where BVF might win it's the dial printing, GF seems to be a bit to thin (but ironically GF has a better impression quality than BVF).

It's a hard choice between the 2 factories for me, for that reason I had decided to wait hoping for a new version but it doesn't seem to be coming so I'll probably go for a BVF v2.

Reactions: tedit and leo6929

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Oh, that. It really isn't noticeable in real life and has to do mostly with your luck of the draw. These aren't Rolex Submariners.

Last edited:

SKnight

8/7/19
I was specifically referring to the "gaps" between the bracelet and the case of the watch, only BVF (v2) seems to have minimal ones (like gen):
QyaNK.jpg

Screws in GF bracelet are also too recessed:
QyqMj.jpg

I will take your word regarding quality as I haven't tried the watches.
There's an other point where BVF might win it's the dial printing, GF seems to be a bit to thin (but ironically GF has a better impression quality than BVF).

It's a hard choice between the 2 factories for me, for that reason I had decided to wait hoping for a new version but it doesn't seem to be coming so I'll probably go for a BVF v2.

I just checked my GF for the points you've highlighted above, with ref to the images.

Mine doesn't have the gap neither are the screws too recessed, I checked this visually by looking at it from different angles and by running my fingers across the bracelet. On the contrary it just reaffirmed why I love this watch so much. I'm starting to both sound redundant and am running out of adjectives to describe the GF bracelet.

Personally I think we put far too much effort into analyzing images and drawing conclusions from it. The inherent flaw is that the data set is far too limited. For the analysis to be meaningful you would need multiple images of multiple watches from each factory. Additionally images alone can be misleading due to angles, lighting, shadows, editing, you get the point.

The only other way to conduct this analysis in any meaningful way is to buy at min one watch from each factory for comparison, which leo6929 did.

Hence I based my purchase decision on his analysis along with feedback from my TD whom also said GF.

Additionally on this particular model, there can be no gaps otherwise the quick switch system would fail. The construction itself doesn't allow this flaw. Therefore I have a feeling those images are computer renders and not actual pictures.

Just my two cents.

​​​​​​​Cheers & stay safe in these crazy times.

bose2019

MULTI ACCOUNT
26/3/19
Too bad GF doesn't make a two-tone medium. So either 3KF or BVF on that...

mcn7710

Known Member
18/1/20
Down Under

Do you feel the bracelet is a bit sharp at each link corner? I mean if you run your finger along the inside edge toward the clasp, you can feel it. I have a GF.

mcn7710

Known Member
18/1/20
Down Under
I just checked my GF for the points you've highlighted above, with ref to the images.

Mine doesn't have the gap neither are the screws too recessed, I checked this visually by looking at it from different angles and by running my fingers across the bracelet. On the contrary it just reaffirmed why I love this watch so much. I'm starting to both sound redundant and am running out of adjectives to describe the GF bracelet.

Personally I think we put far too much effort into analyzing images and drawing conclusions from it. The inherent flaw is that the data set is far too limited. For the analysis to be meaningful you would need multiple images of multiple watches from each factory. Additionally images alone can be misleading due to angles, lighting, shadows, editing, you get the point.

The only other way to conduct this analysis in any meaningful way is to buy at min one watch from each factory for comparison, which leo6929 did.

Hence I based my purchase decision on his analysis along with feedback from my TD whom also said GF.

Additionally on this particular model, there can be no gaps otherwise the quick switch system would fail. The construction itself doesn't allow this flaw. Therefore I have a feeling those images are computer renders and not actual pictures.

Just my two cents.

Cheers & stay safe in these crazy times.

I back sk786's comment. My GF does not have the gap and the screws are flat with the bracelet.

Pope

15/2/19

Just my two cents.

​​​​​​​Cheers & stay safe in these crazy times.
These are real pictures, I also crosschecked with pictures on other TD's and pictures by members here, this "gap" thing makes it easy to identify BVF watches from others.
I use it to make a decision to choose between 2 factories but admittedly it's hardly visible, even more so in real life situation I assume (it's just something I am used to look at to check if a watch is gen or not). I was in no way trying to say the GF isn't a great rep.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Do you feel the bracelet is a bit sharp at each link corner? I mean if you run your finger along the inside edge toward the clasp, you can feel it. I have a GF.

Well, regarding sharpness of the links, they could be a little better but in no way are they uncomfortable or rough. Not really an issue.