• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

Theilluminati

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/19
If anyone has the two tone 35mm from BVF please can you post up some shot. I'd be really interested to see it before I pull the trigger.

Also hows the rotor noise?

panerai153

Supporter
Certified
22/3/06
On the Mighty Mississippi
Can anyone with a gold or two-tone model comment on how the bezel is holding up? My silver one is scratched despite light use (it seems the gen does the same thing) which makes me concerned about how plating will look.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Just my 2 cents, but I have always been a bit leery about watches that are “scratch magnets” in gold plate. Generally these are the ones that have a shiny mirror finish. You can’t do much if any polishing for fear of rubbing off the plating. S/S on the other hand can be polished out with cape cod cloth and brought back to “ like new” with a little elbow grease. Don’t get me wrong, for dress watches, I much prefer gold, but I don’t wear mine as an every day watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Hi guys,

read through the entire topic and there is some real usefull information (and pictures) in this thread!
I was wondering if someone already has some more info on the yellow gold, and rose gold 35mm version? Saw one post for the RG but that was about it.

Does someone has some good pictures of the YG/RG and want to share their experience?

much appreciated :)

SKnight

8/7/19
I second Voo-doo , V6 factory has also come out with a two tone in rose gold and full gold with leather strap.

Not only only is is $100 cheaper than the BVF, but the V6 factory made the super rep, Santos 100 if I'm not wrong.

So this could be a good option.

I really wish GF would do a two tone as they're Santos is brilliant, super rep worthy in my opinion.

Voo-doo

22/7/19
sk786 Ah I see. Just wanted to see some real-life pictures. Imo the TD pic's usually don't do justice. I might pick one up. Thanks :)

giorgosnew1985

Horology Curious
3/3/19
Does an original leather strap fit the KOR and BVF? I have bought one from chrono 24 and now i aim going to choose the santos replica

SKnight

8/7/19
giorgosnew1985 hands down yes!

I did a lot of research before I finalised my order which included an analysis of available images, read reviews of people who known different versions and asked the TDs, and the unanimous was GF.

it's stunning.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
giorgosnew1985 hands down yes!

I did a lot of research before I finalised my order which included an analysis of available images, read reviews of people who known different versions and asked the TDs, and the unanimous was GF.

it's stunning.

In my personal experience, excellent choice.

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
I have receive my GF Santos 40mm like one week ago now (i have order just before the CNY) , the sticker behind the watch tell "QC Feb.2020, so surely the latest batch from the factory, wow , amazing rep.

the cons for me it's the deployement clasp for the leather strap, it's bullshit (and the leather quality too), but it's "free" so i can't complain too much on that :p , and the "bezel", it's a complete scratch magnet thing, wow .... but it's like the gen.

a part from that, the rep is amazing, the quick link system work like a charm, the miyota is incredible silent (it's the most silent rep with a miyota that i have), build quality and the stainless bracelet is very confortable.

here are some pics of the GF , with the leather and the steel strap :

and here the GEN one, i think it's nearly a super rep, maybe the font of CARTIER is a little too thin on the GF like the date font, but it's very subtle, other than that, the crystal bevel is the same for me, the white of the dial (it's only a matter of natural / artifical light), the blue of the hands it's very similar too

i don't have the V6F / KOR / BVF in hands to be sure the GF wins hands down, but for that i see, GF has done a really good job for the price !

shortlegs

31/5/19
I like my GF, but the bevel of the crystal is a little too broad compared to a gen. It obscures the indices and the words swiss made.

But other than that, yeah, it's a nice rep. Especially amazed that they replicated the bracelet mechanisms.

misco

Horology Curious
14/1/20
I have receive my GF Santos 40mm like one week ago now (i have order just before the CNY) , the sticker behind the watch tell "QC Feb.2020, so surely the latest batch from the factory, wow , amazing rep.

the cons for me it's the deployement clasp for the leather strap, it's bullshit (and the leather quality too), but it's "free" so i can't complain too much on that :p , and the "bezel", it's a complete scratch magnet thing, wow .... but it's like the gen.

a part from that, the rep is amazing, the quick link system work like a charm, the miyota is incredible silent (it's the most silent rep with a miyota that i have), build quality and the stainless bracelet is very confortable.

here are some pics of the GF , with the leather and the steel strap :

and here the GEN one, i think it's nearly a super rep, maybe the font of CARTIER is a little too thin on the GF like the date font, but it's very subtle, other than that, the crystal bevel is the same for me, the white of the dial (it's only a matter of natural / artifical light), the blue of the hands it's very similar too

i don't have the V6F / KOR / BVF in hands to be sure the GF wins hands down, but for that i see, GF has done a really good job for the price !

Where did you buy it?? I will get one for sure after see your pictures.

deju

Known Member
Supporter
15/11/12
If anyone has the two tone 35mm from BVF please can you post up some shot. I'd be really interested to see it before I pull the trigger.

Also hows the rotor noise?
ODYXI.jpg

BVF 40mm YG

my thoughts,

build amazing.

strap mechanism, perfect as is the QLS.

Personally any TT /FG rep I’d not use as a daily so cant comment on scratching.

Movement, slight rotor noise so apply oil. Not unbearable like say a ARF daytona but there.

bracelet as standard from factory is definitely short, bigger wrists buy an extra link!

BF doesn’t have the laser etching on the bezel, others have stamps. It’s the same situation as the Rolex LEC, it shouldn’t be as visible as a stamp so I’d rather not have it.

This watch is definitely NWBIG.

Last edited:
Reactions: tedit

mac83

9/7/13
Careful with any rep cartier in Paris, Police are on the lookout and warned the will fine anyone caught with a rep. :p

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
BVF 40mm YG

my thoughts,

build amazing.

strap mechanism, perfect as is the QLS.

Personally any TT /FG rep I’d not use as a daily so cant comment on scratching.

Movement, slight rotor noise so apply oil. Not unbearable like say a ARF daytona but there.

bracelet as standard from factory is definitely short, bigger wrists buy an extra link!

BF doesn’t have the laser etching on the crown, others have stamps. It’s the same situation as the Rolex LEC, it shouldn’t be as visible as a stamp so I’d rather not have it.

This watch is definitely NWBIG.

Hello,

what exactly should be on the crown?