• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
(I have tiny wrists <4"and

britneyface182a6343858069b9.gif

Reactions: leo6929

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
On the Santos thread a guy that had KOR and BVF, said that the one that has a more gen like feeling and amazing construction is BVF.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Posts #799 and #806 of this thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: vcappp

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I just got the gen blue strap. I know you guys think is tacky, but I don’t really care lol. A good tip for you is that it fits de BVF very nicely. But one side did not fit the white dial KOR when I tried both sides on it. Weird.

e647d1eee75f28a1fad44f73e367f9cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
The question can’t answer it , how long supposed waiting for this i don’t know skip at the moment..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I just got the gen blue strap. I know you guys think is tacky, but I don’t really care lol. A good tip for you is that it fits de BVF very nicely. But one side did not fit the white dial KOR when I tried both sides on it. Weird.

Thanks for the picture. Could you please share your opinion about the blue dial color? Is the blue tone spot on? as same as the genuine watch’s blue color? Thanks.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Thanks for the picture. Could you please share your opinion about the blue dial color? Is the blue tone spot on? as same as the genuine watch’s blue color? Thanks.

From all the pics and videos I saw on the web, yes, it is the same. Haven’t seen one in real life and I’m doubting I ever will. Have been to several AD boutiques and I haven’t seen it.

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Posts #799 and #806 of this thread

Yeah, idk why I thought (in the moment of writing that) that I was in the eyecandy wristshot thread, lol.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: leo6929

Roley Rox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/6/18
Thanks for this image! Could you please share some more to illustrate how the gen blue strap look on the white face?
Otherwise, dag nab it Batman!... I was really hoping to order the (white face) KOR version BUT you mentioned that the gen strap won’t fit on one side.. argh! Cheers

Roley Rox

20/6/18

Thanks for this image! Could you please share some more to illustrate how the gen blue strap look on the white face?
Otherwise, dag nab it Batman!... I was really hoping to order the (white face) KOR version BUT you mentioned that the gen strap won’t fit on one side.. argh! Cheers

Roley Rox

20/6/18

After studying the differences (and of course your valuable opinion!) my order will be a Santos de Cartier BVF.
Could you please let me know how you got hold of the cool genuine blue leather strap?
On Cartier’s website, it says you need to call a dealer for price and availability.. cheers!

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Roley Rox Hi. As you yourself mentioned, I could not fit one side of the strap to my white KOR, so no pics from that, sorry. And yes, from my experience the BVF has a better finish overall than the KOR, at least the bracelet and case. Would not know about the white dial because I got the blue BVF, but the white KOR dial is very very good compared to gen. Choices.

Regarding the strap, I just strolled into a Cartier AD and asked to be shown what they got available. Maybe 6 or 8 straps and fortunately they had the blue one. No trouble at all buying it. It was around usd 280. I took my chances since I did not know if it would fit.

Reactions: mumum and Roley Rox

Roley Rox

20/6/18
Roley Rox Hi. As you yourself mentioned, I could not fit one side of the strap to my white KOR, so no pics from that, sorry. And yes, from my experience the BVF has a better finish overall than the KOR, at least the bracelet and case. Would not know about the white dial because I got the blue BVF, but the white KOR dial is very very good compared to gen. Choices.

Regarding the strap, I just strolled into a Cartier AD and asked to be shown what they got available. Maybe 6 or 8 straps and fortunately they had the blue one. No trouble at all buying it. It was around usd 280. I took my chances since I did not know if it would fit.

Okay, I’m all set for my next purchase - many thanks for the info!
I will play with the steel strap for a while before deciding on which colour of strap to choose. Mind you, that blue strap just looks striking with the white face...
34594230f4e7be501610eb517a1b2ebe.jpg