• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

ixnay07

14/8/17
Thanks for the pictures ixnay07.

To me that fits perfectly and isn't too small, but I guess it depends on how the wearer feels.

My wrist is around 6.5'' so I think it'll be the 35mm for me.

On pictures it doesn't look too bad and looks good even -- but it's definitely the smallest and "daintiest" watch I have (compared to dive watches like the Sub(. I think I'm just not used to it but am sure it'll grow on me.

Reactions: vcappp

ixnay07

14/8/17
Did it pop out in it's own or did you just forget to push it back in after sizing the bracelet?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure; could have been a case of me not pushing it in all the way when sizing it.

But it seems okay now that I've pushed it in?

VpJ7md.jpg

VpJYR2.jpg

VpJOpR.jpg

VpJqwZ.jpg

Theilluminati

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/19
Not sure if anyone here has any experience with DHGate and dealers from there. I’ve found a Santos on there and from the photos the dealer has just sent, all looks good. Does anyone know if these would be from the same factories but just a quarter of the price. Or is it really you get for what you pay for? Looked at all photos from each factory and these DHgate ones. All look similar quality.

VpQGdA.png

VpQ2zT.png

VpQw0Q.jpg

VpQl5f.jpg

VpQgfX.jpg

Last edited:

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
Not sure if anyone here has any experience with DHGate and dealers from there. I’ve found a Santos on there and from the photos the dealer has just sent, all looks good. Does anyone know if these would be from the same factories but just a quarter of the price. Or is it really you get for what you pay for? Looked at all photos from each factory and these DHgate ones. All look similar quality.
With China you always get you pay for ... or worst

Never better

My 5 cents

KS_Wan

Horology Curious
31/8/15
Pics of GF 35mm:

VpIvTD.jpg

I think this sums up perfectly how the 35mm is of a good size.
The face of the Santos is surrounded by a much wider "frame" as compared to the Hulk.
Yes the Santos face may look dainty, but overall looks similarly sized to a diver watch.

Wear it in good health!

Pray, did the bracelet need a baby oil bath on arrival? Or are all the pins and joints working nicely?

ixnay07

14/8/17
I think this sums up perfectly how the 35mm is of a good size.
The face of the Santos is surrounded by a much wider "frame" as compared to the Hulk.
Yes the Santos face may look dainty, but overall looks similarly sized to a diver watch.

Wear it in good health!

Pray, did the bracelet need a baby oil bath on arrival? Or are all the pins and joints working nicely?

Thanks!
I usually don’t oil bath my bracelets (only one was the BP 16610 because it was so squeaky!)

So I did not oil bath this GF Cartier bracelet and had no issues with the strap including sizing (took some time to figure out how to use the smart link and remove the bracelet from the case but no issues). But certainly an oil bath would help.

It is pretty flexible but does feel angular and maybe a bit rough (though not as heavy) in a JF 15400 way.

The leather strap does come with some bad smell so maybe I’d have to wipe it with some soap or something.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: theslavetrainer

hm11esh

4/9/18
Thanks for the link.

This is not the 2018 Santos with the quick link system.

The one being sold is a cheap replica with poor build quality. Save your time and money as you will be disappointed if you're looking for a Santos that looks like the genuine watch.

Buy it if you're not fussed and want a cheap watch with Cartier written in it.

You have been warned so the choice is yours and good luck

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Sadly will skip this for long time ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theilluminati

11/3/19
Before I order the GF 35mm. Can someone who has it show me a photo of the crown jewel outside in good light. I’m a little worried it’s really dark and will be an obvious tell of a rep. Thanks for any help in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Hubertus

MULTI ACCOUNT
21/3/17
Before I order the GF 35mm. Can someone who has it show me a photo of the crown jewel outside in good light. I’m a little worried it’s really dark and will be an obvious tell of a rep. Thanks for any help in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Well, here you are...

Hubertus

MULTI ACCOUNT
21/3/17
Got my 35mm GF Santos ; due to some remarks here I was very curious to find out about some flaws that were mentioned but, after changing strap and bracelet as well as adjusted them I must say it's an almost perfect rep.
Very happy with this super beauty.
Also the service of TrustyTime was, after CC payments to some TD were blocked and I didn't want to use Bitcoin a pleasant surprise. KUDOS.

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
Got my 35mm GF Santos ; due to some remarks here I was very curious to find out about some flaws that were mentioned but, after changing strap and bracelet as well as adjusted them I must say it's an almost perfect rep.
Also the service of TrustyTime was, after CC payments to some TD were blocked and I didn't want to use Bitcoin a pleasant surprise. KUDOS.
You have no issues with the bracelet quick release and quick link systems?

Hubertus

MULTI ACCOUNT
21/3/17
You have no issues with the bracelet quick release and quick link systems?

Not at all.. it went like in the advertisement, quick, easy , no stress or further questions at all.
Some members here use to call the total appearance gen-like and sure it is.

Reactions: Mwrlx and vcappp

Theilluminati

11/3/19

So you don’t think the jewel is too dark? Still looks really dark in your photo. It’s the only thing putting me off because I want to see that nice blue colour when on the wrist. :(

Sent from the RWI App

hm11esh

4/9/18
So have we come to a conclusion on which factory has the best and accurate Santos in the large size with bracelet yet?

All these factories are confusing me and delaying me from buying the watch.

Then they throw a spanner in the works by releasing the beautiful blue dial. Arrrgh

Sent from my noob v9.5

ixnay07

14/8/17
So you don’t think the jewel is too dark? Still looks really dark in your photo. It’s the only thing putting me off because I want to see that nice blue colour when on the wrist. :(

Sent from the RWI App

If you ask me, it is darker than I had expected but it’s definitely still (dark) blue in colour.

That said, I don’t think there is a way to tell how far off or on it is from GEN unless someone is able to compare side by side — I googled quite a few YouTube videos, and in all the videos i saw it looks pretty dark as well. I really can’t see much difference between those videos and the GF I have.

Waiting for someone to do a comparison vs GEN!

Sent from the RWI App