• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Sweet. Hope they could post a video of the BVF blue dial. In pics it looks nice :)

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Crown guards look off, much bigger gap between top and crown than bottom and crown or is that just me?

Reactions: vcappp

atozzotas

7/1/15
The blue in the dial seems wrong, but could be the lightning. Need more photos

Theilluminati

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/19
Quick question all before I pull the trigger on the 35mm Santos from GF. Do these come with a box or is it just the watch?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Crown guards look off, much bigger gap between top and crown than bottom and crown or is that just me?

I went back to the pics and you are right, in the horizontal and also vertical planes the crown seems off. In the Trusty video you can see that the crown sits too low from the cg . And the sides beveling of the case doesn't look good to me either. I have the KOR V1 and those bevels are very neatly done... I like this blue one and was ready to take the plunge but now I'm just having second thoughts.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
I went back to the pics and you are right, in the horizontal and also vertical planes the crown seems off. In the Trusty video you can see that the crown sits too low from the cg . And the sides beveling of the case doesn't look good to me either. I have the KOR V1 and those bevels are very neatly done... I like this blue one and was ready to take the plunge but now I'm just having second thoughts.

I’m waiting it out on all dial colours in versions mate until we have some reviews. TD pics can be misleading especially if it’s just a sample watch

Reactions: leo6929

dexterj

Renowned Member
20/11/15
The GF 40mm look good, but the blue jewel look looks darker.
I think the KOR is the better replica right now ... what do you think?

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
The GF 40mm look good, but the blue jewel look looks darker.
I think the KOR is the better replica right now ... what do you think?

I have the KOR V1 and it is gorgeous. Correct dial color (not completely white but a very light silver glow). Also looking at all versions, look out for the dial numerals, in the KOR they are in a quite raised printing, this is super noticeable and makes it very gen like. Saw other makers numerals and they are just dull. You have to check this in the close ups or you will miss it.

Reactions: vcappp and dexterj

dexterj

Renowned Member
20/11/15
I have the KOR V1 and it is gorgeous. Correct dial color (not completely white but a very light silver glow). Also looking at all versions, look out for the dial numerals, in the KOR they are in a quite raised printing, this is super noticeable and makes it very gen like. Saw other makers numerals and they are just dull. You have to check this in the close ups or you will miss it.

very thanks

Willp

Horology Curious
12/3/19
Hi all. I've got my eyes on the GF 40mm on puretime.

I'm new to this and wondering why the GF is cheaper than the KOR plus it comes with a leather strap?

Jrl_leo

Known Member
17/1/19
USA Ohio
I’m guessing it’s due to some of the flaws identified in the GF version as noted by users above. All reps have there flaws but it appears with this watch the TD has identified less flaws in the Kor version than the Gl. They have priced the watches accordingly.

Willp

Horology Curious
12/3/19
I’m guessing it’s due to some of the flaws identified in the GF version as noted by users above. All reps have there flaws but it appears with this watch the TD has identified less flaws in the Kor version than the Gl. They have priced the watches accordingly.

Thanks for responding so quickly and honestly. I'm new to reps.

​​​​​​I'm so close to pulling the trigger on one after spending time trying a gen on in a jewellers today.