• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

errorman

Horology Curious
15/4/16
Seen it for $500
i know this one at ToroBravo- THB factory version. this has the right font for DW, but jeez that cartier font it looks like its been written straight from MS word with times new roman :LOL:. attention to detail thats all we ask but they always rush it to realize their profits. which is acceptable businesswise :)

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
That pic does not look to me like the correct font. If you look up the gen dw, numbers are way thicker and more "serif". @etashazam can fit you with a correct dw that goes into the Miyota movement.

errorman

Horology Curious
15/4/16
yeah you r right, letme correct myself “it looks better than the other versions “DW Font” but still i think ima need gen dial. im already intouch with etashazam. thanks for the headsup

Reactions: leo6929

KenzoMoDE

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/19
Jesus, 3 days to read this entire thread!

Looking to get a 35mm santos. I've narrowed it down to the BVF and V6F. Andrew at trustytime has already confirmed stock for the v6f version; I asked about this since I think they were raided before if I'm not mistaken and pieces turn up in small batches I guess. The main thing I'm debating is build quality. Which is built best, and which has the better bracelet...? I can live with the flaws that both factory present. One other thing, the v6f is on sale right now for $328 vs. $478 bvf. And if the bvf is the better built version, is it worth the price difference. Any input is appreciated.

adaptive

Horology Curious
12/6/16
BVF the best version around now? Looking to pull the trigger on a medium one as soon as I unload some old watches :D

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Carthago88

Horology Curious
7/1/24
I’m not sure.
But I went to see the 35mm “green” santos in gen. And it’s so dark!! Granted I was in a shop and not outside in natural sunlight, but the lighting in these places are geared towards making watch dials pop, and still on 90% of the angles it appeared a dark grey / black.
When I expressed my views to the retailer, she advised that a lot of people had come in and said the same.

Each to their own of course, but I was so disappointed, it was nothing like the internet pictures which appear like a sunburst green.

But rant over and to my point. The factories are going to have a hard time with this one. Do they model the dial on the internet photo, or do they follow the gen spec which is far darker?
I don't know how close the dial of BFV is to gen but it looks beautiful on the pics of this R-user.

Source: u/Ky0zLeVrai

Reactions: leo6929

Mr_Snrub

Looking Around
1/1/24
I’m curious about the all black Santos model (black dial and black bezel). I’d go for the GF or BVF version. But i’m wondering what the material of the black bezel is made of. Is it just thinly coated on top of the stainless steel? Which is fine, i’m just worried it’ll chip off easily or get worn down after some time.

If it’s not too good i’ll just get the green dial one like above. That and the all black are my favorite. The green dial looks awesome with a green leather strap too.