Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 new Santos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hey All, just wondering if anyone had received a 3KF yet? In the pics, it looks great! However, until someone has one in hand it's difficult to know; especially, in regards to the bracelet feel.

    Comment


      Originally posted by JT888 View Post
      Hey All, just wondering if anyone had received a 3KF yet? In the pics, it looks great! However, until someone has one in hand it's difficult to know; especially, in regards to the bracelet feel.
      Second this!

      Comment


        OK, so I thought I'd ask my go to TD who they believed to have the better version of the 2018 Santos de Cartier 40 mm in stainless steel at the moment, GK or 3KF. They responded, "we recommend the GK V2." I can't wait any longer for member consensus on the 3KF lol, so I'm going with the GK V2.
        Last edited by JT888; 15-12-21, 13:54.

        Comment


          After 60 days my rep belts arrived including one by Cartier, now I can go out and be Mr Santos



          Before you ask, it was about £50 plus shipping from a seller on fashion reps.
          " class="bbcode-attachment thumbnail" alt="" />

          Comment


            Originally posted by JT888 View Post
            Hey All, just wondering if anyone had received a 3KF yet? In the pics, it looks great! However, until someone has one in hand it's difficult to know; especially, in regards to the bracelet feel.
            I will order it and cancel my current order but need to send more cash..


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment



              Got my 3kf QC today. Green Lit it. I have no clue of QC and reps. The R might be floating a bit to the right? Whatever. Hope time flies until delivery.

              Comment


                Originally posted by JT888 View Post
                Hey All, just wondering if anyone had received a 3KF yet? In the pics, it looks great! However, until someone has one in hand it's difficult to know; especially, in regards to the bracelet feel.
                Also very curious on the bracelet quality on the 3KF.

                Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Repworld View Post
                  If this is really GF it's a shame that they left such an obvious (and easily fixable) tell in the rep.

                  At 3:11 you can see that the back/short end of the seconds hand is completely flat in the gen while it's quote rounded in the rep. Can't unsee it now...

                  EDIT: Upon further inspection the men's 35mm appears to be the only model with this considerable flaw. 40mm and women's 35mm are flat from both GF and BVS (according to pics on mirotime's page)
                  Last edited by cole2222; 24-12-21, 18:21.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by cole2222 View Post

                    If this is really GF it's a shame that they left such an obvious (and easily fixable) tell in the rep.

                    At 3:11 you can see that the back/short end of the seconds hand is completely flat in the gen while it's quote rounded in the rep. Can't unsee it now...

                    EDIT: Upon further inspection the men's 35mm appears to be the only model with this considerable flaw. 40mm and women's 35mm are flat from both GF and BVS (according to pics on mirotime's page)
                    ^^WRONG LINK SORRY - GF vs genuine 35 MM https://m.youku.com/alipay_video/id_...kuUgc_2.dtitle

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by shaxx100 View Post

                      Got my 3kf QC today. Green Lit it. I have no clue of QC and reps. The R might be floating a bit to the right? Whatever. Hope time flies until delivery.
                      3KF also has the second hand flaw for the medium huh..

                      Comment


                        To those that were waiting for this post, and for the rest that may not have a Gen Santos, here is my Santos Large 3K version side by side with the Santos Large Gen with gold . Honestly there are very small differences on the outside. I am very happy (so far) with my Rep. Time will only tell.

                        Differences:

                        - Smell of the stainless steel material (funny but true. It does not stink but comparing the rep to the gen they do not smell the same. LMAO).
                        - Case (The case have slight differences, Rep is a bit wider and larger than the Gen, not very visible to those that do not know about Cartier watches. The Crown guards are slightly different as well, but it does not bother me. Again, without having a Gen side by side people won't be able to tell, unless your friend is a Cartier watch maker or a member of this forum. lol).
                        - Movement (The rep movement, at least on my rep is louder than the gen).
                        - Bracelet (Tightness of the bracelet on the Gen is second to none. Very solid and without any noise. Honestly the rep holds it very good, but if you can get a Gen bracelet will be way better, in my case I will keep the Rep the way it is). Also I tried the Gen brown leather bracelet on my Rep and it fits like a glove. No issues at all, on my watch, do not know about other Reps).
                        - My rep changes the date at 1130 PM (do not care about that).
                        - Time (I do not care if the Rep is accurate or off two seconds, I have a casio for that. lol). Power reserve is very good, at least on my rep, is more than 24 hours. If you always wear your rep you wont have to set the time Vs. if you stop wearing your rep for days or weeks.
                        - Dial color it is a bit off, Rep vs Gen but not significantly off. I went to the store to get a new leather bracelet and I had the rep on my wrist and the store people could not tell.
                        - Crown (The blue stone is brighter on the Gen vs Rep. Again, not a big deal for me).
                        - Dial Fonts (very small differences that only a person that knows about Cartier watches will tell, the regular Joe would not be able to tell. However, my guess is that under magnification things will be way different. But I do not care about that either).
                        - Date Window (This will never be the same, I do not know what the heck Cartier does, but the date window is unique, very difficult to replicate).
                        - Other (You guys may see more differences but honestly, they do not bother me at all. Also, I would not do a water testing on a Rep, so talking about water resistance is out of the question. lol).

                        I see the trends here in this forums, and I was a victim of it as well. " The search for the perfect Rep." sorry to burst your bubble, there is none. Let's us be honest, unless you are a hard-core RWI member, or into mods, most of this Reps are good for most people. Maybe this side by side match up is directed to those like me, with no so much rep knowledge. I have learned what I know by investing 100s of hours of my time reading this wonderful forum (almost five years to be exact). Many thanks to the Staff, Vendors, and members of this big rep-wiki power-house for educating me on this great hobby. I digressed. Anyway!

                        I have been to many gatherings since then and people are not able to tell which is my Gen Vs Rep. They do know it is a different watch because one is all steel and the other had gold, that's it. So guys, as long as it is a good rep, enjoy it, and do not let perfection get in the way of "Good enough." Just my two cents.



                        See Pics below and Enjoy:




                        Last edited by nelll; 04-01-22, 16:41.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by nelll View Post
                          To those that were waiting for this post, and for the rest that may not have a Gen Santos, here is my Santos Large 3K version side by side with the Santos Large Gen with gold . Honestly there are very small differences on the outside. I am very happy (so far) with my Rep. Time will only tell.

                          Differences:

                          - Smell of the stainless steel material (funny but true. It does not stink but comparing the rep to the gen they do not smell the same. LMAO).
                          - Case (The case have slight differences, Rep is a bit wider and larger than the Gen, not very visible to those that do not know about Cartier watches. The Crown guards are slightly different as well, but it does not bother me. Again, without having a Gen side by side people won't be able to tell, unless your friend is a Cartier watch maker or a member of this forum. lol).
                          - Movement (The rep movement, at least on my rep is louder than the gen).
                          - Bracelet (Tightness of the bracelet on the Gen is second to none. Very solid and without any noise. Honestly the rep holds it very good, but if you can get a Gen bracelet will be way better, in my case I will keep the Rep the way it is). Also I tried the Gen brown leather bracelet on my Rep and it fits like a glove. No issues at all, on my watch, do not know about other Reps).
                          - My rep changes the date at 1130 PM (do not care about that).
                          - Time (I do not care if the Rep is accurate or off two seconds, I have a casio for that. lol). Power reserve is very good, at least on my rep, is more than 24 hours. If you always wear your rep you wont have to set the time Vs. if you stop wearing your rep for days or weeks.
                          - Dial color it is a bit off, Rep vs Gen but not significantly off. I went to the store to get a new leather bracelet and I had the rep on my wrist and the store people could not tell.
                          - Crown (The blue stone is brighter on the Gen vs Rep. Again, not a big deal for me).
                          - Dial Fonts (very small differences that only a person that knows about Cartier watches will tell, the regular Joe would not be able to tell. However, my guess is that under magnification things will be way different. But I do not care about that either).
                          - Date Window (This will never be the same, I do not know what the heck Cartier does, but the date window is unique, very difficult to replicate).
                          - Other (You guys may see more differences but honestly, they do not bother me at all. Also, I would not do a water testing on a Rep, so talking about water resistance is out of the question. lol).

                          I see the trends here in this forums, and I was a victim of it as well. " The search for the perfect Rep." sorry to burst your bubble, there is none. Let's us be honest, unless you are a hard-core RWI member, or into mods, most of this Reps are good for most people. Maybe this side by side match up is directed to those like me, with no so much rep knowledge. I have learned what I know by investing 100s of hours of my time reading this wonderful forum (almost five years to be exact). Many thanks to the Staff, Vendors, and members of this big rep-wiki power-house for educating me on this great hobby. I digressed. Anyway!

                          I have been to many gatherings since then and people are not able to tell which is my Gen Vs Rep. They do know it is a different watch because one is all steel and the other had gold, that's it. So guys, as long as it is a good rep, enjoy it, and do not let perfection get in the way of "Good enough." Just my two cents.



                          See Pics below and Enjoy:



                          Thanks for this comparison, yes it’s very close and 3k the winner in my opinion, I hope maker can fix pearl color and crown guard miyota position.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Repworld View Post

                            Thanks for this comparison, yes it’s very close and 3k the winner in my opinion, I hope maker can fix pearl color and crown guard miyota position.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Thanks Repworld. I agree 100% about what you said.
                            Unfortunately, since Cartier is not as popular in the world of Reps like Rolex, evolution will take time. Factories will continue to get the most out of this good enough reps. I am very happy with mine.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by nelll View Post

                              Thanks Repworld. I agree 100% about what you said.
                              Unfortunately, since Cartier is not as popular in the world of Reps like Rolex, evolution will take time. Factories will continue to get the most out of this good enough reps. I am very happy with mine.
                              I agree, but maker own gen samples for both sizes , I’m not movement experienced but maybe another movement can match crown guard position, i can accept pearl color but crown position Big deal breaker for me.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Repworld View Post

                                I agree, but maker own gen samples for both sizes , I’m not movement experienced but maybe another movement can match crown guard position, i can accept pearl color but crown position Big deal breaker for me.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I understand what you mean. It can be a deal braker for some people. With that fixed, and a crispier dial and a more robust bracelet, things could become serious. However, price would increase.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X