• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier Santos 100 V6F or V6

jz001

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/7/18
Hi, I just purchased this and have a problem with the clasp. I wore it for 5min and the entire watch fell off.
The clasp is terrible I am not sure if its supposed to be this bad quality. Can someone who owns it please comment?

Anyone know if I can purchase an authentic more powerful clasp?

Thanks

Reactions: vcappp

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
43e8eb836a0e52bfae18a462d4328444.jpg

And don’t forget to get the gen strap , that is a must.
Mine two tone will go for sale next month.

Man rhth is gorgeous what version is it?

thesuniswarm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/1/15
Does V6 also make the chrono version?

Sent from my Comm Badge from Starfleet in far away Galaxy...

Last edited:

omegaraiden

Horology Curious
25/11/19
I have just received my Cartier Santos https://www.intime03.co/cartier/536...-white-dial-on-black-leather-strap-a2824.html - I am extremely happy with the purchase.. I can confirm there is very little sounds coming from the Asian 2824 automatic movement. You literally have to hold it to your ear to listen to the sound. Highly recommended.

@mfahmed I'm interested in exactly the same watch, but on the photos the cristal looks like it has a lighter blue color instead of the darker blue one of the gen, also the edges seem to be round instead of sharp. can you onfirm that or is it just the photos?
What is your over all opinion so far and is it true that the clasp goes off from time to time?
thanks in advance

panerai153

Supporter
Certified
22/3/06
On the Mighty Mississippi
@globetrotterboy,
Unfortunately, the choice of straps is pretty limited. The rep straps that come with the watch or possibly sourced from your dealer, or genuine straps. Watches with Regular spring bar attachments give you unlimited choices for all kinds of straps, however these quick switch end pieces severely limit your choices. I contacted several aftermarket strap makers that make good quality straps and every one of them told me “sorry we can’t make these”. There is a possibility that you could work with a strap maker, send him a rep strap that he can remove the end pieces from and attach them to a strap of your choice. Problem here is time and money. By the time you send your strap to them, wait for a new strap and pay the price of a high quality Alligator or Croc strap, you would be about as well off just buying a new genuine strap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lolops

Horology Curious
24/4/19
Hi
for the lucky owners of a santos rep, on the description, we can read that the glass is made of saphire.
The saphire is hydrophobic so when you drop a ????, it should slide without a trace.
​​​​​​
Can anyone try that test ?

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
Hi
for the lucky owners of a santos rep, on the description, we can read that the glass is made of saphire.
The saphire is hydrophobic so when you drop a ????, it should slide without a trace.
​​​​​​
Can anyone try that test ?

I have a diamond tester and yes it is always sapphire
You can buy your own tester on ebay, cheap and works flawlessly

Reactions: Lolops