• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF cartier tank :)

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
This is the Puretime 'large' RG Tank Louis to which I've fitted a gen croc strap from Ziczac leather. Puretime has it as a 'ladies' version, though they also have the real ladies version. This one is 33x25mm, the real ladies is 29x22mm. I used to wear a very similar one sizewise all the way through the 1970s...
https://puretime.io/tank-louis-ladie...da-quartz.html

The cabochon shape looks more accurate than past models.

CUVmK.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

Vintagerolly

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/18
I purchased one of these, was a toss up between the LM and ZF. flipped a coin and got the ZF! hopefully i made the right choice

Peter Pan

29/1/13
Peter Pan This is fantastic! Tank Louis is the king of Tank... (Although I have Tank Solo, Louis is higher end/elegant model)

How do you like it? Share more photos *drool*

I think there is a RG version of Louis available on Puretime / Intime too. Might look into it more.

Will give you feedback plus additional photos once I find the time to do so.

slashFAslash

21/7/18
This is the Puretime 'large' RG Tank Louis to which I've fitted a gen croc strap from Ziczac leather. Puretime has it as a 'ladies' version, though they also have the real ladies version. This one is 33x25mm, the real ladies is 29x22mm. I used to wear a very similar one sizewise all the way through the 1970s...
https://puretime.io/tank-louis-ladie...da-quartz.html

The cabochon shape looks more accurate than past models.

CUVmK.jpg

The strap is really nice, did you just take one of their "standard" straps or did you custom order one?

cometome

Known Member
20/9/15
Can someone help me I want to get the small ladies ZF, but before i pull the trigger i want to see what strap options are out there, does anyone know the strap dimensions i should look for? I am looking at the 31x25mm tank solo

if someone knows where i can find good straps do tell!

Aphastus

1/2/16
Planning to buy the AF version from Ryan on InTime but have been having problems with his credit card payment method. Let’s hope I can pay via PayPal and join the Tank Solo club!

Been also eyeing the ZicZac leather straps and they’re actually really inexpensive, so I might buy a couple or three. Do you the lug size, strap length and best padding? The ones they have on their website have a bit too much padding for my taste, I like loose watches on my wrist.

Aphastus

1/2/16
I've finally received my 28mm AF Tank Solo from TS-Watch. I had a bit of trouble (as with other dealers) paying with CC but I finally could place my order. They should really try to make things simpler if they accept CC, I think I placed about 3-4 orders until I could pay for it and I gave up with other vendors.

Anyway.

I'm actually pleased with the transaction, the package arrived save and sound in less than a week via DHL (I'm in Europe). I received preshipping pics and communication was good.

As others stated here, the pics on these websites are greatly magnified, the watch is actually very small. I've noticed that the cabochon is still somewhat pointier than the real thing (similar to the ZF version), but again, on the wrist and due to its small size, I don't think it'll be too much noticeable. Roman numbers are thick and shine with direct light.

I had a real hard time trying to figure out how to mount the straps. The quality of the strap is kinda meh, but the croc print is actually better (based on pics) than the ZF. The leather?? (it doesn't smell like leather nor plastic) is shinier and it looks pretty good, but after struggling for more than 15 minutes to get them into the clasp and adjusting length, they had some indentations already. I'm planning to buy a couple of ZicZac leather straps with zero padding or else I'll have to throw them away, the strap is paper thin (but sturdy) and I had troubles to pass it through the clasp.

Obviously I don't have and I'm not planning to buy the ZF model so I can actually compare them side by side. I'm using imgur for pics but it looks like it doesn't work. Let me know where I can upload the pictures if you want to see them.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
I've finally received my 28mm AF Tank Solo from TS-Watch. I had a bit of trouble (as with other dealers) paying with CC but I finally could place my order. They should really try to make things simpler if they accept CC, I think I placed about 3-4 orders until I could pay for it and I gave up with other vendors.

Anyway.

I'm actually pleased with the transaction, the package arrived save and sound in less than a week via DHL (I'm in Europe). I received preshipping pics and communication was good.

As others stated here, the pics on these websites are greatly magnified, the watch is actually very small. I've noticed that the cabochon is still somewhat pointier than the real thing (similar to the ZF version), but again, on the wrist and due to its small size, I don't think it'll be too much noticeable. Roman numbers are thick and shine with direct light.

I had a real hard time trying to figure out how to mount the straps. The quality of the strap is kinda meh, but the croc print is actually better (based on pics) than the ZF. The leather?? (it doesn't smell like leather nor plastic) is shinier and it looks pretty good, but after struggling for more than 15 minutes to get them into the clasp and adjusting length, they had some indentations already. I'm planning to buy a couple of ZicZac leather straps with zero padding or else I'll have to throw them away, the strap is paper thin (but sturdy) and I had troubles to pass it through the clasp.

Obviously I don't have and I'm not planning to buy the ZF model so I can actually compare them side by side. I'm using imgur for pics but it looks like it doesn't work. Let me know where I can upload the pictures if you want to see them.

Use picr.me - it's RWI image hosting.

Aphastus

1/2/16
Here are some pics of the AF version. TS-Watch also has very detailed comparison pics of the AF vs. the real deal (in the purple one).
7yh1Z.jpg
7y8kb.jpg
7ywH3.jpg
7yiD2.jpg

7ycGq.jpg