• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier Calibre Diver QC

waxonwaxoff

Horology Curious
24/9/17
Hey guys,

About the pull the trigger on my first rep.

I've looked over the QC pics, and I can't see any problems. I was wondering if anyone with a more experienced eye can see anything?

At first I thought the metallic surround on the subdial near the 20 marker was off, but I think that's just the light in one of the pics?

Any insight is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Reactions: immortalchef

Macumazana

Horology Curious
12/2/15
I have the gen Cartier Diver. IMHO, the biggest tell on this rep is the triangular lume on the bezel. Other than that, one can't really tell whether if its real/rep from 1-2 meters distance at all. I guess wearing it during daytime would be fine though

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I have the gen Cartier Diver. IMHO, the biggest tell on this rep is the triangular lume on the bezel. Other than that, one can't really tell whether if its real/rep from 1-2 meters distance at all. I guess wearing it during daytime would be fine though

Good call. Keep the lights on.

Digitalairair

Known Member
31/12/16
Land of Poets and Thinkers

The triangular lume on my watch is glowing, so I guess they fixed the flaw?
VUtA1u5.jpg

Macumazana

Horology Curious
12/2/15
The lume shade is not uniform. This is what I took from mine, as you can see the glow shade is uniform between the triangle, the 'XII" and the hands
LVijFne.jpg

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
The lume shade is not uniform. This is what I took from mine, as you can see the glow shade is uniform between the triangle, the 'XII" and the hands
LVijFne.jpg

Honestly, if that is the 'biggest tell" then we have nothing to worry about. I cannot think of a situation in which your Diver is with you and another person in a completely dark room and the person suddenly shouts - "look at the non uniform glow shade between your markers and bezel triangle, this watch is a fake!"

Reactions: Macumazana

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
I actually think that in photos (because it is not that easy to see in real life on someones wrist) the main tell is that the cannon pinion is not as tall on the rep as it is on the gen. Gen has it flush with hands.

0ebd899b1d5881d49d6d102a6cc2aab8.jpg

pedroregooo

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
14/6/18
guys does the complications on this watches work?

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
There is no complication on this watch. Yes, small seconds work, yes date works, yes bezel rotates.

Macumazana

Horology Curious
12/2/15
really tempted to buy a JJF to compare the difference and also to see if the rubber strap is also 1:1 perfect replacement for my gen worn out rubber strap...Anyone knows if the JJF watch rubber strap is a 23mm like the gen or 24mm?