• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier Santos 100 v6f 33mm medium model short review w/ pics

Last-Samurai

Known Member
20/10/17
Hi guys,

Hope you’re well. Thought I’d post some pics of my newly received Santos from Ryan at in time.
I’m happy with the delivery time took a couple of weeks from start to finish.
EDIT: I have no idea why all pictures are rotated ... sorry about this

slns7p.jpg

6p0wuh.jpg

The watch looks great. feels solid. My movement seems to stop if not worn for about 5 hours.. which I don’t think is good..

v623k7.jpg

vq5bmt.jpg

The ‘sapphire’ is darker than usual and appears purple in some light which is a tell, but in daylight appears regular dark blue

As expected the strap really isn’t that great, it is leather but to a poor standard, definitely not real croc/alligator lol. I would recommend changing the strap (as I most likely will be)

no8xz5.jpg

34za6mv.jpg

Another issue is the clasp, it doesn’t quite close properly. There is a slight gap where one side doesn’t quite slot in properly. The actual clasp that locks it in seems to hold so far. I hope there aren’t any future problems as I was told the warranty only covers movement - no other parts.

Overall very good quality build of the watch and face but clasp and strap could do with some work!

tankanglaise

Horology Curious
7/7/12
It looks really good on you. I feel you are wearing it and not the other way around.
I'm not sure if the 38mm is too large for me. may I ask what is the size of your wrist
and ryan is associated with which trusted dealer?
Thanks and Happy Holidays

Tankanglaise

D

d4m.test

It looks really good on you. I feel you are wearing it and not the other way around.
I'm not sure if the 38mm is too large for me. may I ask what is the size of your wrist
and ryan is associated with which trusted dealer?
Thanks and Happy Holidays

Tankanglaise
My wrist is 7’. I decided to not go for the 38 and am so glad I didn’t!!
Ryan is intime.
Can the post get a thumbs up??

silly_rabbi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/5/18
Thanks for your review. Do you mind sharing how you've gotten on with the watch since you've first review it?

EkaSN

Known Member
23/7/15
Hi Sir, have you compare it with the gen?
Waiting for any feedback to pull the trigger
:eek::eek:

silly_rabbi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/5/18
silly_rabbi the watch is great, the strap not so great. But I don’t really want to fork out for a new one !!

Glad to hear that and thanks for your reply.
I'm not so hot on strap anyway, and I'm not surprised that the rep strap is not so good.

How has the movement been in the intervening 5-6 months? I like to hand-wind (about 30 winds) my watches before I wear them in the morning, and also if I pick this up, it will likely see only sporadic wear.

Last-Samurai

Known Member
20/10/17
I only wear the watch a few times a week tops. And just set the time then go.

I wasnt aware I should be self winding lol - clockwise or anti?