• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ballon Bleu 33mm SS V6F or JF 1:1

frenchspeakk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/12/17
I received the v6F 33mm and overall it’s a disappointment.

The construction seems good but the dial finish is really poor, it doesn’t reflect light evenly, I believe the grooves are not even around the disk with Roman numerals so it makes it look like there are imperfections on the dial. The printing is also not neat. It’s hard taking pictures that show what I mean but I will try.

Basically when looking at it something just looks off...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you see the bad finish on the QC pics ?

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Did you see the bad finish on the QC pics ?

It was very hard to tell, the watch looks good in QC pics, basically it shows under direct light (artificial or natural) and my QC were kind of dark.

The “dots” in the area I circled in the previous post really stand out badly when the dial is exposed to light.

QC:
150c363d81c5da264c799c3e6266b140.jpg

a042045a390b421a40e311290268edbf.jpg

Ryano

13/3/18
Perth, Australia
It was very hard to tell, the watch looks good in QC pics, basically it shows under direct light (artificial or natural) and my QC were kind of dark.

The “dots” in the area I circled in the previous post really stand out badly when the dial is exposed to light.

QC:
150c363d81c5da264c799c3e6266b140.jpg

a042045a390b421a40e311290268edbf.jpg

That's a real shame mate, those QC pics look perfectly fine. I would have accepted too...

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Anyone else can share pictures of their V6 BB to see if it’s only mine or if their dial is always like that?

Also handling it for a bit I realize the dial color is completely off. I was told on this thread that the older generation Ballon bleu had a silver Opaline dial and the newer was whiter but after looking at 100s of pics of gens (old and new) and handling the current gen version (still called silver opaline btw) It only has this beige silvery look in very low lighting whereas the V6 rep always has it. Basically the color of the V6 under direct light is the color of the gen in low lighting. Also Swiss Made is off centered.

More pics:

21c2502def9c1f3173edeca3336b6d53.jpg

f16519617ec3b938c25c83c24eb4cac9.jpg

6938f42d978fcebd4b5b8cd1f983d666.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Lol my eyesight must be bad

Yeah I know it’s hard to tell on pictures but in real life it’s a lot more obvious. Basically in lots of spots where the groovy pattern meets a flat surface of the dial it looks really uneven. As soon as there is decent lighting, this makes the dial look asymmetrical and weird.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Yeah I know it’s hard to tell on pictures but in real life it’s a lot more obvious. Basically in lots of spots where the groovy pattern meets a flat surface of the dial it looks really uneven. As soon as there is decent lighting, this makes the dial look asymmetrical and weird.

I inspected the one I ordered last year with a loupe and I remember it being perfect, except there was a tiny blemish on the dial you could only see with a loupe

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I inspected the one I ordered last year with a loupe and I remember it being perfect, except there was a tiny blemish on the dial you could only see with a loupe

I want to get my wife a 33mm looks like I’d be safer going with the jf?

AndyP1000

Known Member
24/9/17
I bought the V6f automatic version and Dial is perfect! Really excellent finish!

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
I bought the V6f automatic version and Dial is perfect! Really excellent finish!

I have the v6f and I think it’s great

Could you guys please post pictures of your v6 dials when you get the time. Just want to figure out if mine was a bad batch or if they all have this problem.

Reactions: frenchspeakk

stoyania

15/4/16
I think there is an updated V6F version coming out this month. but it is the 28mm one. Not sure what are the improvements and whether it is with eta or quartz.
Maybe reppists can provide some insights...

echo_lanxess

Horology Curious
5/5/17

Hey Fam, mind sending me the link for the watch? Im looking at intime and theres a couple im confuse. your help will be greatly appreciate! :)

Sandman0209

24/11/11
The dials looks more beige than I expected. I thought TW had a whiter dial

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
How did you guys “persuade your wife to get her a rep watch” instead of genuine one?

Cartier replica is so great. I would like to buy for her. Recently Patek too.

However, every time I say about the women’s replica watches, she is angry and it becomes a fight and she refuses to get the replica. Therefore, I cannot buy a women’s replica for her.

Even if I have money, I don’t like to spend a high amount of money for a small product like watches which can be lost accidentally.

I really think it is not worth to buy a genuine at this point because the genuine watch price is high and there is a 1:1 replica as alternative.

Reactions: LaPavel

LaPavel

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/8/17
EU
How did you guys “persuade your wife to get her a rep watch” instead of genuine one?

Cartier replica is so great. I would like to buy for her. Recently Patek too.

However, every time I say about the women’s replica watches, she is angry and it becomes a fight and she refuses to get the replica. Therefore, I cannot buy a women’s replica for her.

Even if I have money, I don’t like to spend a high amount of money for a small product like watches which can be lost accidentally.

I really think it is not worth to buy a genuine at this point because the genuine watch price is high and there is a 1:1 replica as alternative.

I am glad I do not have this problem with my wife. she loves watches - automatic. she watches with me the replica world. she loves her jf cartier and esspecially arf 268622.

Reactions: vcappp