• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ballon Bleu 33mm SS V6F or JF 1:1

ljp379

Horology Curious
15/9/13
Hi all. I am looking for Ballon Bleu 33mm ss for my wife.
In the market, best edition was V6F. V6F model released at September 2015, 2 years ago.
JF version just released at September 2017.
There is no comparison or review for JF version.
What is best 1:1 version?

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Why is the older V6f better?
The JF comes with a ETA2671 movement.

Sent from the RWI App
Does your wife want an automatic? mine likes quartz.

Quartz v6f version I imagine is $150 cheaper as well, at least.

I haven't seen this new version from jf you mention. But I have the 33 mm v6f quartz silver opaline dial and it is incredible

Sent from the RWI App

M4ttc

Known Member
17/7/17
Does your wife want an automatic? mine likes quartz.

Quartz v6f version I imagine is $150 cheaper as well, at least.

I haven't seen this new version from jf you mention. But I have the 33 mm v6f quartz silver opaline dial and it is incredible

Sent from the RWI App

Can you give me a link to this please @Maron

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
My wife had the V6F and loves it. A super rep. Compared it side by side with her mom's and neither of them could tell the difference.
As a prank I mixed then up and now they don't know who is wearing the rep and who is wearing the gen.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Essray

vanwolff

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
Germany
My partner has the V6F, too. In person it is a stunning watch, the dial print is bold and raised, the guilloche is crisp and the brushed section gives the dial depth. The quartz movement in the V6F works flawlessly (I think its a swiss Ronda quartz) thus I don't see a reason to pay a significant premium for the ETA quartz.

Only letdown is the bracelet, which has rather sharp edges, which however can be smoothed out very easily. The friction fit clasp was a little on the loose side, but with some strategic bending of the deployant parts, it can easily be made tighter.

b87aef5d4e4d4baa90c3e2276bb44495.jpg

Reactions: verno75

M4ttc

Known Member
17/7/17
What is the going rate for one of these models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

Wow - so cheap. Is that the one on the nwbig list?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Wow - so cheap. Is that the one on the nwbig list?

I didn't look at that list. I chose that one because I knew she wanted quartz, she doesn't like bicolor or mother of pearl or diamond dial. I think the plain white dial is boring and I'm not entirely sure accurate to the genuine 33 mm model.

The one I linked you I compared to the images on cartier website and it is literally spot on in every way. It's probably the most accurate rep in our household and I have several "NWBIG "

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

I didn't look at that list. I chose that one because I knew she wanted quartz, she doesn't like bicolor or mother of pearl or diamond dial. I think the plain white dial is boring and I'm not entirely sure accurate to the genuine 33 mm model.

The one I linked you I compared to the images on cartier website and it is literally spot on in every way. It's probably the most accurate rep in our household and I have several "NWBIG "

Sent from the RWI App

Thanks! For $190 can’t go wrong. What was the lead time on your order? Might just order now

Sent from the RWI App

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Thanks! For $190 can’t go wrong. What was the lead time on your order? Might just order now

Sent from the RWI App
Depends on so many factors. If you haven't done so, I would do some reading about the ordering process.

I think in my case, we ordered three watches and had them within two weeks start to finish

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

Depends on so many factors. If you haven't done so, I would do some reading about the ordering process.

I think in my case, we ordered three watches and had them within two weeks start to finish

Sent from the RWI App

Cool. - I’ve just sent back my first purchase from puretime as it arrived DOA!! So I hope they can combine the return with this new order.

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

The Ronda Quartz version seems to be out of stock, I’ve been looking for this watch these days but can only find the automatic movement version. I’ve actually placed an order for a 33mm YG/SS NH05a an hour ago. Still a good deal I think, even if perhaps less “hassle-free” than a quartz movement.

D

d4m.test

The Ronda Quartz version seems to be out of stock, I’ve been looking for this watch these days but can only find the automatic movement version. I’ve actually placed an order for a 33mm YG/SS NH05a an hour ago. Still a good deal I think, even if perhaps less “hassle-free” than a quartz movement.

Which TD?

Sent from the RWI App