• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Considering a Cartier Santos XL Ultimate Edition

D

d4m.test

Just bought one with a gen strap and it is stunning. Go for it. The difference in two ultimate versions is one has eta vs asian 2824. But who cares. Its a rep anw.

hi man, may I ask you what you exactly get with the package (in terms of accessories like the box, bezelprotector, dustbag, paperwork etc..)

i'm looking forward to your reply

D

d4m.test

hi man, may I ask you what you exactly get with the package (in terms of accessories like the box, bezelprotector, dustbag, paperwork etc..)

i'm looking forward to your reply
Dustbag and paperwork? The genie can grant one last wish what will it be?

Keep dreaming mate. It’ll come packaged enough to protect it that’s it - it’s a rep

D

d4m.test

Dustbag and paperwork? The genie can grant one last wish what will it be?

Keep dreaming mate. It’ll come packaged enough to protect it that’s it - it’s a rep

the most reps i've seen were all including at least a box some papers (in case of a bad rep).. Some reps even come with indentical receipt and certificates?

does anyone have some more information about this?..

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
the most reps i've seen were all including at least a box some papers (in case of a bad rep).. Some reps even come with indentical receipt and certificates?

That look nothing like the original and bump the price up when you don't need or use them.

Who wants a fake box and papers [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

You are dreaming mate.

allolemonde

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/16
Has anyone studied the orientation of the screws on a gen watch? I wonder if gens have a certain orientation, i.e. the groove of the screws all point a certain way, whereas the reps point randomly. That would be one hell of a tell. If they are all random for both gen and rep, then I'd feel pretty secure getting a rep. Kindly let me know. Many thanks.

Red Ted

5/9/16
Not sure about the direction of the screws but the original has flat screws (on the top) and the reps are slightly rounder. This is only really noticeable on the 2 screws for the deployment bracelet

Red Ted

5/9/16
My watch was packaged without a box. Was wrapped in bubble wrap for protection

silly_rabbi

11/5/18
Has anyone studied the orientation of the screws on a gen watch? I wonder if gens have a certain orientation, i.e. the groove of the screws all point a certain way, whereas the reps point randomly. That would be one hell of a tell. If they are all random for both gen and rep, then I'd feel pretty secure getting a rep. Kindly let me know. Many thanks.

I have a gen Santos with the SS bracelet, and the screws are in no particular orientation. So, in that regard, no worries on the rep screw orientation.

thesuniswarm

15/1/15
38mm is the XL.
The next size up is the very large Cartier Santos chronograph.

Ok now I'm officially confused...

First I was trying to confirm whether this particular is made by V6
https://www.intime05.co/cartier/119...leather-strap-ultimate-edition-asian2824.html

but then here is his answer:
"It is indeed made by V6F but the XL version is not available, sorry."

so basically my TD is referring the 38mm santos 100 from the link is not an XL version????
6bfb43cf1320297505c3bfd652a2b776.jpg

Last edited:

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
Ok now I'm officially confused...

First I was trying to confirm whether this particular is made by V6
https://www.intime05.co/cartier/119...leather-strap-ultimate-edition-asian2824.html

but then here is his answer:
"It is indeed made by V6F but the XL version is not available, sorry."

so basically my TD is referring the 38mm santos 100 from the link is not an XL version????
6bfb43cf1320297505c3bfd652a2b776.jpg

XL is 38 hour only
XXL is Chrono version
Lady is 33

If your dealer doesn’t know that in the year 2019... change the dealer.

ramsesii

Horology Curious
25/10/19
I have the XL version. Possibly the best rep ever made. As for the Cabochon it is only synthetic Sapphire on the Gen anyway.

Here is mine on white Gen Gator

28430281820_4069b57f4e_b.jpg

Hello, where you got that strap from? And what size is that strap plz ?

ramsesii

Horology Curious
25/10/19
Here's mine on a GEN strap. I highly recommend this watch to you. Very classy. Wrist size =7.25"
be227bdfb14d714596df66d5f1705788.jpg

Do you mind telling me what size strap you have? Bc I am confused about the strap size

Rewolf

6/3/20
I bought a Santos in midsize and it´s great. Keeps good time and looks awsome.