• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help: 40mm Cartier Santos 3KF size and crown issue

Thatporkchop

Horology Curious
28/4/22
CT

Hi, I’ve tried searching the internet regarding the 3KF 40mm Cartier Santos I received today and can’t seem to find it.

I just got this watch in from Jtime and want to know if I need to contact Li regarding two things.

1. The crown doesn’t screw in. It’s as if it’s stuck in the position to wind the mainspring and won’t actually screw into the watch.
You can see in the picture it’s not even close to the watch.

2. I ordered a 40mm watch but it looks it’s definitely smaller than that or am I dumb and measuring it wrong. Sorry that the picture isn’t great, I was taking a pic with one hand and trying to hold the tape with the other but you can clearly see that’s it’s less than 40mm.

Also, if this is an issue, will Jtime help figure it out.

If I posted this in the wrong place, I am sorry. I am new to this.

Mashkalgy

Looking Around
14/10/21
just found this
The medium model still commands a notable presence on the wrist. And indeed, classically speaking, this 35.1mm x 41.9mm is actually a large watch. The 'large' version is even bigger – and measures a whopping 39.8mm x 47.5mm. The latter is notably thick as well with a height of just over 9mm.

Last edited:

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
The Santos doesn't have a screw down crown AFAIK.
As for size, I'm pretty sure its supposed to be 40mm including crownguards.

zulang

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/22
Europe
Thatporkchop May I ask how the story ended? Did you contact Li? I am sorry for being curious, but I am struggeling with the Large version of Santos for weeks, if its really that tiny you fond out it could be a match for me. Sorry that I am thinking this way... I understand that you expected a really large Large-version. :) Did you measured the lug2lug distance? Is it nearly the size you were looking for?Thanks for answering!!

Thatporkchop

Horology Curious
28/4/22
CT
zulang he said that is how it’s supposed to be. The date version is only available on the large version. I haven’t had time to go to Cartier to compare since I’ve been busy with my wedding. I might swing by next week but overall, everyone that has seen it in person has loved it. I’ve been wearing it out pretty often, even changing the links to let my fiancé wear it takes like 30 seconds to fit her wrist.