• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What did I buy?

Davidaintgrizz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/5/22
So as I mentioned in another post - I have been living in China. Great rep market obviously, dangerous for impulse buyers like me (2 day delivery), and somewhat hard to rely on dealers...
I usually go down the TD road, but this time I was feeling a little adventurous so I went for a contact I found in my wechat that I can't remember the source of. I had set her name as "good fake watches" so that's pretty close to TD status, right?

I ordered two Cartiers from the consensual list: 1 V6F 42mm balon bleu + 1 36mm pink one from AF (pictures of the 36mm later)

Does anyone know if I got what I paid for?

I personally think they look good, a little thin on the logo text but I don't have a gen to compare. However 'good fake watches', (as she is known to me) told me it was specced with an ETA movement - which checks out according to the forums, but when I popped the case back, lo and behold - there was a Miyota. Not a bad movement, just not the one I expected.
Furthermore, this Miyota doesn't have a snapping date wheel (I forget the term for when it switches at midnight). Not sure if it's a big deal or not.

Now the screws on both watches are dirty it was a real struggle to get them out, and I still haven't managed on the 36mm watch.

No complaints, I brought this on myself. Just curiosity.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Miyota isn't bad but can be noisy. How's yours?

Nothing that some silicone grease on the rotor bearing can’t fix. He’s got his open, will only take a minute to silence it (if required).

That’s not a bad watch OP.

Davidaintgrizz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/5/22
The print on the dial isn't bad at all. As soon as someone says ETA movement, you are being scammed. Miyota isn't bad but can be noisy. How's yours?

Not bad at all, even tells decent time. It's very noisy as well, but I've heard thats a common thing people encounter and I'm planning on having it serviced anyhow.

Nothing that some silicone grease on the rotor bearing can’t fix. He’s got his open, will only take a minute to silence it (if required).

That’s not a bad watch OP.

Thank you! I'm quite happy with it! I don't think I have the right grease for it, so I'll leave it up to the pros!