• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tank Solo Clasp?

seattleguy425

Horology Curious
3/7/20
Hey all,

Purchased a k11 Tank Solo large size from a TD which arrived, meant to be a gift. I didn’t open it until Xmas, looks and works great but the deployment clasp seems to be cheap. Closes fine on its own although it doesn’t feel sturdy compared to some of my other reps. As soon as I insert the included leather strap (which is cheap) I cannot close it at all. Pops right open no matter how much I fiddle with it. Very frustrating.

i asked the TD about getting a steel bracelet and also have 2 straps on the way from Ziczac leather. Hoping the clasp works better on another strap. But just wondering if anyone else has this experience? I watched a video of a gen clasp and it sounded a lot more solid. Obviously can’t compare directly to gen but I am a bit disappointed.

InnerSelfAnglage

Horology Curious
25/12/21
It's not just k11, it's a problem with the design of the deployant even in gen. You have to really crease the leather as tight as it'll go, or it gets in the way of a satisfying close. Of course that also kills the leather quickly.

Cartier released a new model that uses more typical springbar-and-holes style straps and attachment that I've had fewer issues with, but still has stiff-leather teething troubles. At least their plain buckle is stylish.

seattleguy425

Horology Curious
3/7/20
Thanks mate, that’s the conclusion I reached because if I take it off the leather then it closes just fine. I ordered some new straps from Ziczac 2 months ago which just arrived today, but no quick release spring bar included (nor the extra hole for quick release) so I need to order a spring bar now and try it out. The leather feels thinner so I’m hopeful it will close with the new strap.

I ordered a Barton strap to use in the meantime. I’m a bit annoyed but my wife doesn’t even care and actually prefers the Barton strap anyways. It’s her watch so ????????‍♂️