• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What can you tell me about Bvlgari watches

bergs333

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/4/06
I kinda like some of these watches (the ti ones) and was wondering what you know and think about them.
Also, how is the name pronounced. I found the thread that has a bunch of the pronunciations but Bvlgari is not on the list.

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
bergs333 said:
I kinda like some of these watches (the ti ones) and was wondering what you know and think about them.
Also, how is the name pronounced. I found the thread that has a bunch of the pronunciations but Bvlgari is not on the list.

Hi, what can I tell you about BVLGARI watches???? Well, I think they are fugly. (f*ing ugly) Of course, that is only my opinion. Also, the "V" is actually a "U". So the name is pronouced as BULGARI.

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
WackoBirdKeeper said:
Also, the "V" is actually a "U". So the name is pronouced as BULGARI.

Really? :shock:

Well I learned something today.

sexybeast

I'm Pretty Popular
12/8/06
Bulgari. Since 1884.
For over a century, Bulgari has been setting the pace for Italian style in jewellery. A forward-looking, creative spirit which never ceases to draw inspiration from the timeless beauty of Greek and Roman art, while giving it a distinctive contemporary touch. Greek like its founder, Sotirio Bulgari - and Roman like the culture he embraced.
Rome. Via Condotti.
The first store. A meeting place for the aristocracy and the world of culture and cinema. Dolce Vita and Hollywood.
Pure luxury obtained by means of daring combinations, precious materials, purity of design and meticulous attention to detail.
In Rome, Paris, London, New York and Los Angeles, as well as in Tokyo and Dubai, Bulgari is the word for jewellery, excellence and prestige.
The finest expression for style and beauty.
Since the early twentieth century, Bulgari has been present with its sophisticated timepieces in the homes of the greatest European nobility.
It was their contemporary design, the purity of their forms and the boldness of their beauty which made these objects icons right from the start.
As early as the 1920s, the company’s first creations anticipated Art Déco, with a unique, sophisticated style which betrayed its Graeco-Roman origins and made generous use of precious metals and diamonds.
In the 1940s, Bulgari established its style with the snake watch. Bold coils of gold studded with gems immediately became an emblem among jewel-watches.
In the 1970s came the 'Tubogas', a revisitation of the snake, with a flexible and elastic gold bracelet made entirely by hand.
This was an absolutely revolutionary model for its age and soon became yet another symbol of elegance and style.
A great classic, like the famous Bulgari·Bulgari of 1977 which, with the double engraved logo on the perfect cylindrical section, was the result of a painstaking architectural study.
A truly superb feat of engineering, way ahead of its time in terms of design with its pioneering use of the logo as an intrinsic decorative element, a stylistic trend now followed by the entire luxury sector.
Bulgari expresses this visionary approach through technological research and the use of innovative materials, as in the Diagono Titanium or Diagono Aluminium collections and through the highest quality Swiss manufacturing.
Bulgari Time in Neuchâtel, Switzerland, has a staff of about 500, and is currently one of the very few companies in the world capable of providing not just assembly but its own production as well.
Carefully targeted takeovers of some of the leading names among the finest and most sophisticated watch and component producers in Switzerland, such as Daniel Roth and Gérald Genta, mean that it now manufactures complicated watches too.
The company has also taken over Cadrans Design for the dials and Prestige D’Or for bracelets.
Bulgari Group master craftsman produce the movements for Grandes Complications, as in the case of the fine-watchmaking Tourbillon models, and the Tourbillon Perpetual Calendar in particular.
Technically sophisticated watches that take years to create. Unique items for a very select few.
Its constantly evolving stylistic innovation and technological excellence lead to the creation of unique pieces like the recent Ergon and Assioma, Assioma and the new BVLGARI BVLGARI model.

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
I have the Bv(u)lgari Ergon and it is a pretty substantial watch, heavy feel and construction. It does have a cheap asian auto movement but it has worked flawlessly. It is also pretty accurate in appearance to the gen also apart from mine having a white dial (which I don't think was produced). Not really a fan of some of the other models but I would probably be interested in the Assioma if a more accurate rep was built. :D