• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bulgari Octo Finissimo BV 7mm.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I bet it will be in few months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, may actually hold out so as, like you, it'd be my preferred choice. Thanks for the info re the sub-dial placement btw, very helpful.

Reactions: g-yice

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Have done a bit more research, idle Sunday :graman:

These new offerings at 7mm, are actually closer to GEN spec than I initially thought. Not that 2mm was likely to be a deal breaker tbh.

The original titanium version (102713) was 5.15mm, whereas the new offerings are for the 103297 (black), 103464 (silver) & 103431 (blue), and according to the Bvlgari website, are all actually 6.4mm thick.

https://www.bulgari.com/en-int/103297.html
https://www.bulgari.com/en-int/103464.html
https://www.bulgari.com/en-int/103431.html

So ignoring the sub-dial placement, which has been pointed out cannot actually be corrected without a complete redesign of the movement, I think 7mm thickness on this Stainless Steel range is awesome and has just made up my mind.

Now the only decision is between black or blue now, and then if/when the titanium variant comes along, pick one of them up too :thumbsup:

Last edited:

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19
Pulled the trigger when first announced and came in this week.

First impression it’s a beautiful piece. Thickness is awesome. I have tried on the gen and there’s definitely a difference but this rep feels great on the wrist.

Sizing was a pain in the ass - pin and sleeve and was not smooth but. Finally got it done

A bit loud when movement is running and could probably use a service for some rotor noise but a really nice piece overall - well worth the price.

jnvHPc.jpg

jnv3oI.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Pulled the trigger when first announced and came in this week.

First impression it’s a beautiful piece. Thickness is awesome. I have tried on the gen and there’s definitely a difference but this rep feels great on the wrist.

Sizing was a pain in the ass - pin and sleeve and was not smooth but. Finally got it done

A bit loud when movement is running and could probably use a service for some rotor noise but a really nice piece overall - well worth the price.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Very very nice Sir, thank you for sharing.

Will bear that in mind re the rotor noise (cheers for the heads up) & mention it to my TD to silence pre-shipping, if possible.

Agreed re the pin and sleeve on links, I much rather screws etc (even tiny tiny ones), but I imagine once sized it fits like a glove.

Thanks again for sharing & well wear :thumbsup:

Last edited:

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
EuroTime25
majwilliams0308
Slippin' Jimmy
Plaasbaas

You guys liked the post re QC & don't wanna be spamming the thread, but it's a new-ish release and didn't see any other QC pics anywhere, so am sharing in the hope it maybe helps you/others make up their mind going forward.

Coupled with the measurement post above see below:

Blue (103431)

Black (103297)
P.s. I couldn't actually choose between the two so decided to GL both :p

Have a great weekend fellow Bvlgari lovers :thumbsup:

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
P..DR..D Thanks for tagging me, my friend! Because I somehow forgot to hit "subscribe" on this thread but am very interested.

I am looking forward to look at this in detail after work tonight :)

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
P..DR..D Thanks for tagging me, my friend! Because I somehow forgot to hit "subscribe" on this thread but am very interested.

I am looking forward to look at this in detail after work tonight :)

Enjoy my friend.

Was awesome to see them all appear in my inbox, and sharing is caring after all :p

Have a great Friday :thumbsup:

Reactions: Plaasbaas

Gab miyamoto

Admiral
Supporter
Certified
22/5/20
DXB
Hi guys

Any update of the titanium one, it will be great to this pretty octo in my wrismy for this year

Which you all guys the success and health in 2022

Excaleben

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/21
Oh wow this release looks stunning. If the titanium grey one comes anytime this year It will go to the top of my list for sure. I am not too concerned with the false subdial placement as I really like the used movement and I rather have that as a heavily modified one. Gives of the same vibe for me :thumbsup:

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I would definitely get the Titanium one.

Black & blue are en route, will be with me later this month.
But the titanium would be the icing on the cake.

Will drop my TD an email now enquiring re availability.

Reactions: Excaleben

Glock3ns

10/2/20
New york
Oh wow am I happy to stumble on this thread, I was deciding to get some type of square and was thinking about the santos but I'm going to wait to see if the titanium grey comes out in this 7mm version.

I always wanted the old one but 10mm was too much.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Oh wow am I happy to stumble on this thread, I was deciding to get some type of square and was thinking about the santos but I'm going to wait to see if the titanium grey comes out in this 7mm version.

I always wanted the old one but 10mm was too much.

Asked again but no word yet on a release date for the titanium unfortunately. Hopefully it's in progress.

If I hear anything will update the thread.

austenier_callande

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/21
is there any reps of the black ceramic version?

honestly 5mm in my opinion is too thin, 7mm seems better to me lol , not sure if thats a bad opinion.

Reactions: pip72