• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New GF Breitling Chrono

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
GF has been closed for a few days because of the ongoing police raids. You also have to be aware of the Chinese holidays. The entire country was shut down for the past week. They just returned to work yesterday. I am waiting on 3 of these Chronomates with no ship date in sight. Go to Puretime's TD page on RWI and read Mechanics 1 and 2. These posts will explain the entire process of buying illegal counterfeit watches. It is not Amazon. Lately, my watches have been taking 8 weeks if all goes well. Two of my orders go back to August.

I’m aware of the REP dynamics, Golden Week, the powers outage, the raids. I’m also aware that GF is keeping a low profile I’m just seeking confirmation that the Chrono is out of stock. PT have no problem sourcing other GF REPs just not the Chrono.

Reactions: leo6929

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I’m aware of the REP dynamics, Golden Week, the powers outage, the raids. I’m also aware that GF is keeping a low profile I’m just seeking confirmation that the Chrono is out of stock. PT have no problem sourcing other GF REPs just not the Chrono.

My apologies. I know you know what is going on. I should have added the new member's name to my post.

Reactions: johnlogan

Dimewise

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/4/14
I was told 5 days ago the green GF was available and this morning was told none are.

The TD is asking for me to pick another watch, which I have no others in mind. I guess I should just wait it out or ask for a refund?

I've never ordered from this TD so not sure if waiting will be more beneficial than getting a refund and reordering once it becomes "available" again

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
I was told 5 days ago the green GF was available and this morning was told none are.

The TD is asking for me to pick another watch, which I have no others in mind. I guess I should just wait it out or ask for a refund?

I've never ordered from this TD so not sure if waiting will be more beneficial than getting a refund and reordering once it becomes "available" again
They aren't lying to you. My TD told me the same and I totally trust her.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China

If you wait you are ahead of everyone else that asked for a refund. I have two gold dials on order since August and one Blue dial from September with no ship date in sight. The police raids make it very difficult for the TD's.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Please mr, do you know if all the colors are no longer available so this model is no longer available at all? THX

My TD as well is urging me to take another watch in its place.
No GF Chronos are left anywhere, in any colors.
I would follow tkingjr lead and don’t ask for a refund. Keep your cool.

If you were to consider trading up always ask for on of the new releases that probably will be in stock.

jacklarssen

Known Member
11/6/21
My TD as well is urging me to take another watch in its place.
No GF Chronos are left anywhere, in any colors.
I would follow tkingjr lead and don’t ask for a refund. Keep your cool.

If you were to consider trading up always ask for on of the new releases that probably will be in stock.

It's such a shame... do you think the stock will be renewed by GF?

Last edited:

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17

jacklarssen

Known Member
11/6/21
Interesting, no factory listed but I’ve never seen GF release with pictures with an attempt at gen box, papers etc.

Im thinking TF or a new player…pics are not great and hard to tell on the sunken date wheel.

Trusty also has some Superocean new releases which assumes the same maker which look :(

I think it is the SW500 1500usd version, which was talked about earlier in this thread, listed now because of lack of novelty.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
It's such a shame... do you think the stock will be renewed by GF?

No one knows at this point. Even pre-raids GF would run a batch and not introduce V2.
2 years later another factory would release the same watch.

Last edited:

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
The SW510 version looks damn good, however there are not enough pics and no video. Are you sure that it will cost 1500 USD? That's a lot of money for a rep!

Madcap

Known Member
2/10/17
Just have to be patient and wait on pics and vids. Will come sooner or later. No one is gonna part with 1500 based on crappy pics imo

Reactions: leo6929

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20
1788 usd guys for the sw510

even if it is a real Swiss movement the price is crazy for a model not guaranteed, with defects, unsaleable by Switzerland as much to buy a noob v4 116500 at this price

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20
1788 usd les gars pour le sw510

même si c'est un vrai mouvement suisse le prix est dingue pour un modèle non garanti, avec des défauts, invendable par la Suisse autant acheter un noob v4 116500 chez ce prix