• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New GF Breitling Chrono

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Thanks... but will probably have to wait til it's repped.

You get yours yet?

Thinking of just pulling the trigger after all.

I don’t think the ice blue is repped at this point. I haven’t even been given my QCs. PT claims GF have stopped producing watches for a while…!

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I think I saw a video somewhere and the calibers measured the case thickness at 16mm. I sure hope I am wrong, I would really love to get this watch if at the genuine case thickness or less. If it measures 16mm, yes possibly minimal difference. I bit the bullet once on a Omega Speedmaster 57, that sandwich was thic!!

Please take lots of pictures and do a case measurement for us when you get yours.

Cheers.

I measured my shiny new B01 GF at 16.26mm from the case back to the top of the crystal. Is this the correct way to measure? Most people could not tell the difference. The Gen and the Rep would have to be side by side for some people like RWi members to tell the difference.

Reactions: leo6929

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
I think I saw a video somewhere and the calibers measured the case thickness at 16mm. I sure hope I am wrong, I would really love to get this watch if at the genuine case thickness or less. If it measures 16mm, yes possibly minimal difference. I bit the bullet once on a Omega Speedmaster 57, that sandwich was thic!!

Please take lots of pictures and do a case measurement for us when you get yours.

Cheers.

I also got around 16mm with calipers. 16.3 actually and used a control watch, Breitling cockpit 41 known to be 14mm which I got 14mm exactly on that watch. Just got 13.7 on the VSF seamaster. The 16.3 which I got just now and about 2 months ago so I think my caliper measurement is pretty accurate. Some nice wrist pics on a 6.5 inch wrist too earlier in this thread as well though don't know the post#

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...73#post9985273

Last edited:

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
new ice blue edition
jisMqJ.jpg

You know I was wondering what it would look like without most of the black fill in the markers on the bezel. I never really liked bezel paint and even entertained the idea of removing it from mine which would have been akin to the previous generation C-mat. I think it looks better without the paint. Was not a fan that the die-hards complained loudly that the Navitimer 8 didn't have bezel marking and I think they hurt the look of that watch when they added them. I use the bezel all the time and only ever used the marker at 12 then used the dial markers. I'm diggin the ice blue chronomat though should have removed all paint. The paint expands your eyes outward making any watch look larger in my opinion.

Last edited:

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
It’s Golden Week and the Chinese are out getting drunk but how many here are actually waiting for their QCs?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
PT claims the watch I put of stock. Can anyone else confirm this?

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
GF has been closed for a few days because of the ongoing police raids. You also have to be aware of the Chinese holidays. The entire country was shut down for the past week. They just returned to work yesterday. I am waiting on 3 of these Chronomates with no ship date in sight. Go to Puretime's TD page on RWI and read Mechanics 1 and 2. These posts will explain the entire process of buying illegal counterfeit watches. It is not Amazon. Lately, my watches have been taking 8 weeks if all goes well. Two of my orders go back to August.