• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New GF Breitling Chrono

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
7750 aside, I think the replication looks amazing. For the first time in years of being a Breitling fan, this is the biggest step forward in repping one. A completely new case shape and bracelet. I know we had that Breitlight avenger a few years ago but look how they screwed that one up.

If I hadn't already ordered a GF SOH, I'd have ordered one of these. But given the vulnerability of the factories at the moment, I'll wait til it improves.

I'm initially excited about this new rep!

Last edited:

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Definitely has the usual sunken date wheel.

Decisions decisions on what dial colour is the most accurate.

I love the copper dial which trusty describes as gold - that concerns me how close it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Slanglican

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Wow, very happy to see that they repped this model. Especially because of the bracelet. That would be even almost the single reason to buy it. Haha
Yes, the price is quite high. Could be partially be due to the costs for the bracelet. But perhaps the recent raids play a factor to.

Btw, is it me, or do al dates look a little of center to the left?

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Sunken date wheel is a deal breaker for me, it would just bug me every time I look at it. Otherwise looks well finished from initial pics, the copper dial looks like it has a nice sunburst to it. Bracelet engravings don’t look deep enough but that’s as expected.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Video below.

Resolution is not great, but I can't see the red numbers and lines on the inner bzel, close to the outer edge of the dial, on the outer of the dial, that would be an quick "tell".

ZFBRTp.jpg

[video]https://v.qq.com/x/page/z3243oa95h2.html[/video]

ZFBNob.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.JC and Pcatewie

Pcatewie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/19
Video below.

Resolution is not great, but I can't see the red numbers and lines on the inner bzel, close to the outer edge of the dial, on the outer of the dial, that would be an quick "tell".

ZFBRTp.jpg

[video]https://v.qq.com/x/page/z3243oa95h2.html[/video]

ZFBNob.jpg

Yep, does not have the red markings on the inner bezel plus the sunken date, is a no go for me. Hopefully they will make a V2 soon with at least the inner bezel fixed up so the price is justified.

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
I'm excited for this one.... Especially the blue one. Asked Andrew at Trusty when the blue dial would be available he said: I'm trying to get factory to pass me to take pictures...

:drool:

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Could be the case but not necessarily. GF "modified" the sunken date on the Airborne models as well which don't have a sunken date despite A7750.

I have a chronomat airborne and it is indeed sunken!! They had a quick small run of non sunken ones but they are indeed sunken now... trust me.. I was pissed when I realized I wouldn’t be getting a non sunken airborne

Reactions: nardin

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Date wheel is sunken but I def. see the red...
I have blue dial in order!
super freakin pumped... I will merely mod the datewheel!
just super freakin pumped... the blue looks really really close to my gen chronomat.
will post qc when available!!!!

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
...yeah the video def. did not have red in the tachometer I don’t think... I guess we’ll see when we get qc.. also the date looked non shadowy and what not but totally sunken.. I don’t care about that anymore.. I can’t care about it...
that bracelet though!!!!
hipefully the chrono will snap back better than the vid example, ha!

ChronoNoob

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/20
The red minute track on the lower side of the chapter ring is there. It's just not that clear in the video but if you watch it carefully there are a few angles and close ups where the red minute track is shown.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Last edited:
Reactions: P@t

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
roooh the blue one !

i can't decide on wich one i will pull the trigger , blue , silver , black or green ? they all look amazing

nivlek

Known Member
1/1/17
In the video, he mentioned that the closest to Gen is the white panda dial, followed by the green, black, blue dial. There is colour differences between the gold dial and Gen gold dial

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK
In the video, he mentioned that the closest to Gen is the white panda dial, followed by the green, black, blue dial. There is colour differences between the gold dial and Gen gold dial

I would say that’s his opinion and he’s going off gen photos on the internet with complete different lighting to where he is.

Also, how can Black be less accurate to green and blue, that’s crazy talk, no?

Reactions: SuperBatman

Marbe78

29/9/20
Spain
Every time I watch the video I think they are all great.
I am looking forward to reading the first comments from the owners.

nivlek

Known Member
1/1/17
I would say that’s his opinion and he’s going off gen photos on the internet with complete different lighting to where he is.

Also, how can Black be less accurate to green and blue, that’s crazy talk, no?

Yeah! Is better to watch videos of Gen! Then probably review the rep videos again to have a better sensing? Usually I take the videos with a pinch of salt as the colours depends on the lens and camera. Some will come out to be more warm like colours some more white like colours if you get what I mean.