• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New GF Breitling Chrono

Pcatewie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/19
Hi folks,

About the SW500, Andrew just told me that the factory is asking USD 1548 for it. It seems a huge difference for just a SW500 movement, maybe is better to buy the GF version and just swap movements?

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Hi folks,

About the SW500, Andrew just told me that the factory is asking USD 1548 for it. It seems a huge difference for just a SW500 movement, maybe is better to buy the GF version and just swap movements?

$1548.... That's crazy.
Imo spending that amount of money is only justifiable for a franken....

nivlek

Known Member
1/1/17
Oh man! That’s really pricey!

You are right! Can use it to Franken or consider buying a Gen Longines or Raymond Weil or Ball!

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
There was a Tag Pepsi with the same movement that was 7-8 hundred from memory which I can’t imagine sold very well maybe the same factory...interested to see the piece in terms of quality but I doubt anyone would touch it at that price.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
You can pick up an SW500 movement for around £300, there are a couple on eBay right now. I wonder if you could grab the standard 7750 version, and a modder could replace the movement using the same date wheel on the sw500.

Or the factory have modified and the extra "bits" are required, so no choice.

Last edited:

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Thanks for sharing, date does appear flush...the GF version released sunken date is most notable on the black dial white/silver sub dials the other colours it blends in given the dark sub dials.

The case back on the black dial features “Bentley” which should only be for the green dial.

Overall looks good, not sure why the plastic warranty card with matching serial numbers, gen has digital warranty card.

Interested to see what factory and price.

kinda looks like they redid the sub dial spirals also. Plus the spacing looks a bit better on the sub dials! I’m very curious to know more about this one!!!
any updates??
obviously the TF is utter Garbage

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
I don’t why I’ve only just noticed this model, I’ve wanted to add a breitling to the collection for a while and was ready to go for the premiere but held back because of all the raids etc. So now the problem is what colour, I’m really leaning towards the green, anyone got the green yet?

Richidh

Known Member
8/7/16
Den Haag, Netherlands
Um...the pink is supposed to be the copper version:eek:hwell:

Typical with TF quality:lol3:

o haha really i thought they really made a pink version lol. either i dont like a pink watch haha, for now i will stick with GF, i orderd now a blue face one
btw puretime discription says pink ;)

Last edited:

nivlek

Known Member
1/1/17
Yeah it might be because of the yellow light?

But the TF date font is off

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
o haha really i thought they really made a pink version lol. either i dont like a pink watch haha, for now i will stick with GF, i orderd now a blue face one
btw puretime discription says pink ;)

Yeah the gen is described as anything from champagne, copper, salmon...either way the GF looks great but the TF looks way off to put it politely:rimshot:

nivlek

Known Member
1/1/17
I’m waiting for my silver dial QC to come from chazing time since 8th July. Not sure how it goes man.