• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New GF Breitling Chrono

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Not a huge fan of the rose gold bezel really... I like the white the best, but the datewheel is just... ...yikes!

berry25

Certified
26/2/17
waiting patiently for gf to release the blue faced bezel or black. think that looks better than the rose gold

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Grey dial/RG may do the job, I like it. Think I'll give it a try...

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: johnlogan

jacklarssen

Known Member
Supporter
11/6/21
Does anyone have experience with GF gold plating, does it hold up well, please?

pamevolta

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
6/1/20
Really digging this one! I am almost ready to pull the trigger on the copper/salmon dial.

my only concern: I have small wrists so naturally I’m worried it will look overwhelming on my wrist (6.75 inches - 17 cm). Anyone with a similar size wrist that has bought it?

That said I do have a SOH II that’s 42mm and fits fine and a planet ocean 42mm that also sits fine so I am not sure. It really depends on the L2L length and the thickness I guess……

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
I have 7.5 inch wrist got this watch and sold it on the next day it is so junky and heavy for me it was the most uncomfortable bracelet and watch I have ever tried.
I have no problem with much larger sizes like 47 to 52 mm, this 42 mm was not for me. On the photos it looked great that’s why I got it immediately after release and was big disappointment for me in hand.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Really digging this one! I am almost ready to pull the trigger on the copper/salmon dial.

my only concern: I have small wrists so naturally I’m worried it will look overwhelming on my wrist (6.75 inches - 17 cm). Anyone with a similar size wrist that has bought it?

That said I do have a SOH II that’s 42mm and fits fine and a planet ocean 42mm that also sits fine so I am not sure. It really depends on the L2L length and the thickness I guess……

I have a 6.5 inch wrist and have posted many pictures in this thread of both the blue and copper dials on wrist that should help you decide. Also, you'll find measurements posted earlier as well it's slightly less than 1mm thicker than gen with about 50-51mm lug to lug if I remember correctly. It's same as gen. The watch will look fine on your wrist in my opinion. The guy below your post, I find I've had the opposite experience of him. The watch is well balanced on my wrist and I am lucky that I was able to size it absolutely perfectly on my wrist which without micro adjustment is a gamble. I can also add a link and it is loose but also doable due to how balanced it wears on my particular wrist.

Mine weighs 182 grams. Not super heavy if we're talking about full steel 42+ watches. I'll bet almost any 52mm watch will be heavier than this watch. I actually find the bracelet super comfortable.

You know, I used to think of all the things, how it will wear, n stuff. Now, I just buy the reps if I want to try. Even if you don't like it like the guy below your post you got to experience it and with reps you're pretty much guaranteed not to lose much money and he was easily able to sell it the very next day. That's why I love reps and reading this thread there are by far more people satisfied with this rep than not.

Last edited:

pamevolta

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
6/1/20
I have a 6.5 inch wrist and have posted many pictures in this thread of both the blue and copper dials on wrist that should help you decide. Also, you'll find measurements posted earlier as well it's slightly less than 1mm thicker than gen with about 50-51mm lug to lug if I remember correctly. It's same as gen. The watch will look fine on your wrist in my opinion. The guy below your post, I find I've had the opposite experience of him. The watch is well balanced on my wrist and I am lucky that I was able to size it absolutely perfectly on my wrist which without micro adjustment is a gamble. I can also add a link and it is loose but also doable due to how balanced it wears on my particular wrist.

Mine weighs 182 grams. Not super heavy if we're talking about full steel 42+ watches. I'll bet almost any 52mm watch will be heavier than this watch. I actually find the bracelet super comfortable.

You know, I used to think of all the things, how it will wear, n stuff. Now, I just buy the reps if I want to try. Even if you don't like it like the guy below your post you got to experience it and with reps you're pretty much guaranteed not to lose much money and he was easily able to sell it the very next day. That's why I love reps and reading this thread there are by far more people satisfied with this rep than not.

oh this is really helpful, I checked your photos (had seen them and was partially the reason why the copper dial grabbed my attention immediately, such a great and unique dial) but didn’t know your wrist size. It definitely has a presence on the wrist but it’s really well designed and as I said the SOH II is also a chunky watch but works great for me (albeit on a rubber strap not a bulkier Bracelet). But most importantly I agree with you on the “wear w/e you like and don’t think too much about it” statement. Thank you for taking the time to reply ????

jacklarssen

Known Member
Supporter
11/6/21

yes that size bigger than 42, i will say 43-44, due to the thickness, and the way the bracelet hugs the case, it's the style that is like that, it's an imposing sports watch , it is the choice of each one to like it ...... it seems bigger on the wrist than the SOH 42,
I decided to take one that I will receive in ten days, I will be able to post comparison peaks because I also have a SOH 42 GF and a wrist of 6.5.

Last edited:
Reactions: pamevolta

berry25

Certified
26/2/17
hmm wonder how much the shade of blue actually differs from the genuine as mentioned in the video. Ive got blue arriving this week. will have to see if i can find pics of the gen and take some comparison shots

Reactions: leo6929

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Hmmm…as I’m looking at it. It feels like not from GF? The date wheel window just slightly above 6o clock looks higher than the initial ones launched by GF.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

New batch !

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
LOL:) I’m checking hourly for price update so I can order this baby! PT is sooo slow.

This one hit the Nail ! if i hadn't placed an order Yesterday for the new VC Fiftysix complete Calender i would hit the refresh button like every 5 sec. :D

Hope its online soon. :)

Reactions: johnlogan