• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SOH rep vs. gen. pic comparison.

anonymus

Known Member
18/5/12
Although the rep is amazing, I think I know which is which... differences I spot are as follows (in no particular order):
- bezel triangle
- crown size
- AR is very different
- B logo
- date window
- bezel sticks

Did I miss anything? Probably.

Im a total noob at Breitling and SOH is probably the only contemporary model i like but the most obvious tell for me is the swiss made on the dial or lack there of..

other than that its not easy to tell witch is rep/gen for me even if there are slight unsimilarities i couldnt say witch is correct.. other than swiss 30 made that is..

(i know this is old thread i just wnated to state it before i read to see if im correct)

/ anon

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Im a total noob at Breitling and SOH is probably the only contemporary model i like but the most obvious tell for me is the swiss made on the dial or lack there of..

other than that its not easy to tell witch is rep/gen for me even if there are slight unsimilarities i couldnt say witch is correct.. other than swiss 30 made that is..

(i know this is old thread i just wnated to state it before i read to see if im correct)

/ anon

There are gen SOHs with and without the Swiss made on the dial. It depends of when they are made.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
There are gen SOHs with and without the Swiss made on the dial. It depends of when they are made.

It seems strange to me that they would intentionally leave 'swss made' off the dial.

BreitlingSoAbyss.jpg

BreitlingSOAbyss2swissmade.jpg

frogman

31/10/06
4c1eb3c6-809f-2cbe.jpg

Loving my gen all day long but I'm impressed with the rep in the pics....another member just sold one mounted on a gen mesh and damn it looked close.

Any difference in the way the movement feels when setting time/date as well as winding?

Higs

Known Member
20/9/12
I fell in love after seeing the blue SOH above, wondering if the current reps copy the color as well.

I'm also very interested to know how good the blue is.
I'm sure I'd be very happy with the black but, ideally, I'd like the blue if the colour is close to gen.

Any views?

Breitest24

18/2/10
I'm also very interested to know how good the blue is.
I'm sure I'd be very happy with the black but, ideally, I'd like the blue if the colour is close to gen.

Any views?

Although the blue might look nice, you would get more wear out of a black dial. The blue would be somewhat limited to what you wear for the day. Everything on the rep was perfect even when setting the date/time the crown did not have that rep wobbly feel. It was nice and stiff like my gen.

frogman

31/10/06
I love my reps guys but the gen is heads and tails above in quality.....I love mine.....I'm partial to breitling though :)
qy8egunu.jpg

flyboxer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/12/12
apparently the V2 isn't available anymore....

Wow I absolutely love the blue one with the mesh bracelet. A couple of questions from a noob. Did the mesh bracelet come with the rep? How much would a gen mesh bracelet cost? Are there any plans on releasing these V2s again? Are the V2s considered super reps?

flyboxer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/12/12
Ok one question. Can someone tell me why the V2s are no longer produced?

thinkcooper

Known Member
9/11/12
I just scored a blue SOH V2 this week, via M2M sale in response to my thread in Watches/Straps Wanted here on RWI. I paid what I expected to, but it is a fair amount higher than these went for when new. Still way less than a used Gen though. If you have one of these to sell or are looking to buy one via M2M, be mindful that they can command decent coin.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Rep is so damn close to a gen in look and feel that if you can get a V2, wear it in good confidence. After owning 2 reps and now a genuine, the difference is so small you really have to think why you paid $$ for the gen :)

I would say the bezel black color is more shiny on gen, AR is a bit better but not much, dial has more texture and caseback markings are deeper.