• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advise on QC pictures SOHII

Pcatewie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/19
Hello,

Following the forum rules I am not asking about the QC pictures in general but about a specific potential issue with the watch:

I bought a Breitling GF SOHII 42mm from Andrew and just received QC pictures I am not sure about the index alignment at 12 and any input would be really appreciated. Should I approve the watch or ask for another?

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Yes, I believe you are right. They are off, and in a manner you can see with the naked eye. I would RL it and ask for a better one.

Pcatewie

7/8/19
OldNavitimer thank you very much for your advise, I wasn’t sure if I was been picky but it was very visible to the naked eye. I will ask for another one.

c_hall100

El Presidente
Gold Patron
Certified
14/2/20
UK
I love mine, very classy version

43e271f076595de641bff7beadee7f0a.jpg

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Man my judgement sucks.. when you point it out, it is clear as day, but I’d prolly never see that unless someone pointed it out... makes me want to go check all my watches over really carefully but also not bc I don’t wanna know all the little thins I’ve probably missed....

Pcatewie

7/8/19
I love mine, very classy version

43e271f076595de641bff7beadee7f0a.jpg

Yeah is a handsome watch and looks even better on that strap. Really excited about this one. I hope the next has better alignment.

Any input that you can give me about the feel on hand? How good is the bezel action and sunburst effect?

Last edited:

Haltec

Known Member
30/1/13
@op - ask for properly aligned.

@Pcatewie - Is that GF ? can you put more photos of bezel colour and pearl ?

I am having trouble to decide black or blue GF SOH 2

Pcatewie

7/8/19
@op - ask for properly aligned.

@Pcatewie - Is that GF ? can you put more photos of bezel colour and pearl ?

I am having trouble to decide black or blue GF SOH 2

Hi mate! Unfortunately those are all the pictures I have from Andrew. Today he send me another watch to QC approve but this time the misalignment was even worse and the bezel was crooked at 12. Nonetheless, Andrew has been great so far in communication and he will source me another watch. It seems that this is a very common problem with this particular model:

Here the pic of the second model Andrew sent:

​​​​​​​

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
^^^Damn that is worse:(

Hope you can get a good one!

I had the same issue with the none ss version had to reject one...thankfully got a perfect one second time round:bull:

Last edited:

Pcatewie

7/8/19
Just a quick update, after 1 more QC rejection from me today I received new pictures. Tough they the 12 index wasn't align either I ended up approving it bc of the timegrapher reading, was too good to let it pass. I hope that I will be able to better align that 12 o'clock index myself. Have someone tried to do it before? Any advice would be really appreciated.