• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NAVITIMER 41 KOR vs GEN

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
So this just happened today.

ZkdMJE.jpg

And I decided to to a quick comparison with my KOR Navi 41 black.
I'm going to skip the commentary and let the pics do the talking.

Zkd16K.jpg

Zkd6j1.jpg

Zkd9uv.jpg

Zkdy28.jpg

Zkd8Oj.jpg

ZkdtJI.jpg

Zkdrd4.jpg

ZkdQWc.jpg

ZkdllX.jpg

ZkdpFi.jpg

ZkdP2b.jpg

ZkdT6p.jpg

ZkdXv5.jpg

Zkd4k2.jpg

ZkdwOt.jpg

ZkdkjF.jpg

Comments welcomed.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Great pics bro. Congrats on the new piece, it's a stunner. I'm no expert on Breitlings but the KOR model looks very good to me. The KOR date font is thicker and the slide rule indices don't go all the way down but it looks like a real contender.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Just lovely pieces, all finishing looks very high level!

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
What other dial colors on the Kor?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
...damn that’s a nice piece...
the slide rule meeting the dial is one of those features I just LOVE about the navitimer.. I’m not sure why, but there is just something about it and it’s an itch the reps just cannot scratch..
but yeah that KOR is really good other than the slide rule.. my KOR has really grown on me for sure... I have the bla.. ..I mean blue dial..

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
Great comparison The kor looks very nice! Amazing how good it looks. Slight differences with the a/r and caseback engravings a little more shallow but over pretty much 1 to 1.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I just realized the date wheel font is wrong on the KOR. The gen uses a standard sans serif ETA datewheel. The KOR uses an Avenger chrono 7750 serif datewheel. It's the same problem with the v1 early GF Avenger II GMTs. While I actually perfer the serif type, its not consistent with gen.

Reactions: museguy

Triobloid

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/21
GB
Thankyou for doing this, as a fellow KOR owner, and congratulations on getting that beautiful gen.
​​​

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
That's very kind of you to buy a gen for this comparison!
:D

Congrats.

Regarding the gen date font, for the off white dial like yours, I've seen that thin font.

But on the other colour GENS, I've seen the thicker Breitling date font. Wonder why that is....

ZkGblp.png
ZkG0Wb.png

ZkGGJi.png

Last edited:

Hohner84

17/3/21
So this just happened today.

ZkdMJE.jpg

And I decided to to a quick comparison with my KOR Navi 41 black.
I'm going to skip the commentary and let the pics do the talking.

Zkd16K.jpg

Zkd6j1.jpg

Zkd9uv.jpg

Zkdy28.jpg

Zkd8Oj.jpg

ZkdtJI.jpg

Zkdrd4.jpg

ZkdQWc.jpg

ZkdllX.jpg

ZkdpFi.jpg

ZkdP2b.jpg

ZkdT6p.jpg

ZkdXv5.jpg

Zkd4k2.jpg

ZkdwOt.jpg

ZkdkjF.jpg

Comments welcomed.

Thank you for the great pics!
Do you find the kOR thicker and heavier compared to the gen?

Reactions: OldNavitimer

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
I have the black KOR and it just feels legit. The sunburst effect is beautiful and the tolerances pretty great.. Aside ftom the minor issues of the slide ruler not aligning— ive seen gens pics with the issue— I have no real concerns. Doubt you could get called out when on the wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: museguy

RepWatchNoob

Known Member
3/5/18
EU
I have the black KOR and it just feels legit. The sunburst effect is beautiful and the tolerances pretty great.. Aside ftom the minor issues of the slide ruler not aligning— ive seen gens pics with the issue— I have no real concerns. Doubt you could get called out when on the wrist.

How is the feeling with the blue datewheel? Do you even see this?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

RepWatchNoob

Known Member
3/5/18
EU

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19

With the black KOR I had, neither I nor the previous owner had noticed it until I took macro shots in a particular lighting. So on a daily basis I'm gonna say no.

Reactions: RepWatchNoob

Honeycomb

2/1/15
Saw the gen blue dial in Breitling Boutique 2 days ago. Biggest difference is that the date wheel is black and also the blue dial comes with a black leather strap. In order to get the blue strap (like KOR) you have to buy it extra.
Regarding the date font, gen had exaclty the same font as the KOR, only difference was the date wheel color. It looks like they use 2 different datewheels, some watches have bold and some other non bold fonts.