• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3 Blue Navitimers: GF vs JF vs BP

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
This is a quick and completely un-scientific comparison of three blue Navitimer reps. The GF Blackeye-blue B01 rep, the JF blue B01 (v1 with correct datewheel) and the BP A23322 blue numerals with datewheel mod.

ZpPGf4.jpg

Side by side, you can see the differences in shades of blue. The GF has the most neutral blue, while the JF skews towards purple and the BP infamously has a teal tint to it. You can also see the yellow tints to the crystals. For some reason, all Navi reps (including the BP Navi World) have a yellow tint of varying degree.

ZpPxuX.jpg

ZpP02I.jpg

ZpPbnc.jpg

The GF has the best blue, IMO. The BP is way off from gen, but I actually like it. To me, the JF is the least appealing.

ZpPVji.jpg

ZpPcIb.jpg

ZpPgdp.jpg

Here you can see in the exact same lighting how bad the yellow tint is. If I keep this GF, it's definitely getting a Prof 2XAR crystal! I've had Steve's xtals on other Navitimers and its the only solution IMO.

Reactions: Conrado and KJ2020

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK
Nice comparison OldNavitimer

Having had all 3, I would agree with your conclusions.

Once you fix the yellow tint on the GF, it really does become a great looking watch, can't live with the original crystal.

Here are some shots to highlight the difference once you change the crystal...

1 - Top is prof, bottom is original:

2 - Left is modified prof, right is same watch, in white, with original crystal:

3 - AR at it's finest on the blue:

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
This is a quick and completely un-scientific comparison of three blue Navitimer reps.
ZpPGf4.jpg

Great pics bro. I really like the GF blue and its black combo subdials. I really wish those models had kept the wings on the dial though. Maybe I should get one and give it some wings, haha!

Last edited:

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
What mod did you do on the GF datewheel?? It looks flush!
GF is the best hands down I think. The JF is a fantasy and yes, while I too like the BP, it just doesn’t compare much to the GF I feel like...
my GF is in need of a movement right now!! I’m waiting to hopefully put a 7753 in if you know what I mean..
(as long as I can use the datewheel that’s in its current A7750)

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Yeah I agree too. GF is the best of the three out of the box, however the yellow tinge crystal is somewhat annoying.
Now, if you swapped the innards into the JF case, wouldn't that be something!

I think the makers have always had a hard time getting the shades of Breitling metallic blue correct. Remember the best Superocean Steelfish A17390 from years back? They made the 3 colour dials but the petrol blue was miles off.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Yes that JF crystal was probably the best I’ve owned so far. (The crystal on this gf night mission gmt is pretty dang good too)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hey guys I am seriously considering doing what I mentioned previously - buying the GF blue and adding a set of wings to the dial.

Since I'm not a Breitling expert and there are several here, could you give me a recommendation on which other rep dial has a set of silver wings that looks like it would fit appropriately above the upper text in place of the B? It would need to be a good height and width, to look like the dial was made that way.

Call me crazy I know, but I just love making a watch unique and special somehow. I'd like another Breitling and this one really has my attention.

Thanks a lot!

Here's a sample of my craziness lol.

Z5AdI8.jpg

Double Nine Gonzo!

Last edited:

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Probably the JF dial would be the only good choice. The BP was print. Only the JF were good wings in removable cast metal.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Probably the JF dial would be the only good choice. The BP was print. Only the JF were good wings in removable cast metal.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Thanks a lot bro, this is what I'm thinking of doing, one of these options.

ZpVRft.jpg

ZpVNQF.jpg

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
I've never seen that JF with a flush datewheel. Could you give me a link on trusty or puretime?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Triobloid

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/21
GB
Noob question but are all three of these watches still in production? How does it work with older models like the GMT/world, are they limited run or are they all continually supplied to market?

Reactions: nefret

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Noob question but are all three of these watches still in production? How does it work with older models like the GMT/world, are they limited run or are they all continually supplied to market?

Every one talked about or photographed here is still available!
GF, JF and BP factories!
BP has a good rep of both the A23322 and navitimer world [GMT] A24322.
GF reps the B01 AB0121with B logo.
JF reps the 01 AB0120 with wings..

Triobloid

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/21
GB
Every one talked about or photographed here is still available!
GF, JF and BP factories!
BP has a good rep of both the A23322 and navitimer world [GMT] A24322.
GF reps the B01 AB0121with B logo.
JF reps the 01 AB0120 with wings..

Thanks, appreciate it.
I know its innaccurate, but that teal really does it for me.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Thanks, appreciate it.
I know its innaccurate, but that teal really does it for me.

The blue BP A23322 is really cool man! It’s both blue and green and just awesome!! Other than dial color it’s a very accurate rep for the most part