• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF Blackbird V4 - wrong version supplied in QC photos?

UkBionic

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/1/20
NW England
Hi guys, looking for a second opinion on an issue when ordering the gf blackbird v4 from jtime. Waited a while for QC photos and now they have arrived, the strap is a nylong one. Having read reviews, the version 4 is only supplied on a rubber strap? Lana at jtime assures me it is version 4, but to be honest I would not be able to tell the difference. Of course I would like the newest version as I believe there were a few fixes or updates. Has anyone here for experience with the blackbird rep? Should I RL on the basis of the strap being different? there are lots of different versions and the price I paid reflects the higher priced model. Any tips appreciated, thanks

Please see the picture below http://imgur.com/gallery/56NgECC
When compared to the product I thought I was purchasing;
https://www.intime05.co/breitling/6...-on-black-rubber-strap-a2824-v4-free-box.html

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Those always where available on nylon or rubber. I guess they got you the rubber one.
Apart from the strap, I don't see any differences.
So if you like the nylon strap, I would take it without a doubt.

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
The watch will feel better on rubber. I find the canvas straps very hard and takes a while to work in.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Hard to tell version updates, but personally the GF tang buckle straps I have found are poor. I had one from the avenger GMT II and had to bin it after a day on the wrist a while back.

Hopefully others can speak to the recent quality, the rep rubber is nice and soft way more comfortable and gen like IMO.

If you ordered it asking for the rubber strap that is what you should receive QC for.

UkBionic

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/1/20
NW England
Thanks for the comments. I GL as I have already purchased a gen rubber strap which fits a deployant clasp, which I purchased from Ali express (the mid tier one). I saw a few other people posting QC photos for v4 within recent weeks from other TDs and also came with nylon, maybe a batch variation.