• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Blackbird

destiny500

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/19
Z8YoTJ.png

what do you think? different lightning

Last edited:

mossquire

Horology Curious
19/9/20
I was looking on my TD at this and the GF looks grey not black but if you do a search on google some look grey although I can only find one model, black. I wonder if its purely down to lighting. The GF on my TD has a rubber strap ?

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
They are both pics of gens,the difference obviously lighting.

I have the Avenger II GMT Blacksteel and the gen blacksteel deployment and they are the same. The color is like a lead pencil.

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Lead pencil, that's a spot on way to describe the color!

Last edited:

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
I have the night mission gmt on the way... it’s my first with the coating.. pretty excited!

UkBionic

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/1/20
NW England
How does the coating hold up? I've got a titanium wedding ring and it scratches very easily!

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
How does the coating hold up? I've got a titanium wedding ring and it scratches very easily!

I know the feeling, I have a white gold wedding ring and it banged up beyond belief...the dlc holds up very well.

I have the gmt II (same coating as the blackbird) and over two years it is looking great!

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Thatwatchguy It’s already hitched a ride to Chicago airport, which is twice as slow as lax, but there’s been no Usps shipping label created yet, which is weird so I hope it doesn’t get all messed up. Should be some time week after next!

ep3mdz

Horology Curious
29/3/18

I have had mine for a few years and I don't have a single scratch on it and I wear it every day.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Would love to see some pics in the wild once you get it, this one is very tempting!

I love it man!!
onky thing is that the watch feels a bit lighter than I expected, and the bezel feels kinda dinky... these things could just be my ignorance of the avenger series and this coating though!!
maybe I’m wrong, but I think the AR is really good!

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL
I agree: the AR on this watch is very good.

These GMT Night Mission models remind me A LOT of the old Hublot Big Bang Kings!

destiny500

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/19
They are both pics of gens,the difference obviously lighting.

I have the Avenger II GMT Blacksteel and the gen blacksteel deployment and they are the same. The color is like a lead pencil.

if you are referring to the pics i posted, no man, left is GF and right is gen. Lol.