• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V7 Navitimer 41 - alignment off?

Batman20

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/7/20
Hi,

Would anyone be able to give an opinion on these QC pics of a V7 factory Navitimer 41 - I think the alignment between the dial markers and the slide rule are off on the right side. Is this very noticeable?

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Yes it is noticeable, but not just the left side, the 30/35/40 etc on the right side are also off.:(

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
That would drive me crazy personally. Some people won’t care but to me it matters.. you may be able to adjust the movement and dial in inner case and align it better, maybe??
thwts what I had to do on my KOR navitimer and it worked, but that’s not going to be the case every time

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Could be the angle, could be.
Weird thing is that some markers align good. Some absolutely don't. That makes me doubt slanglican's option would work.

Ask for additional pictures. If not better, reject the watch.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Could be the angle, could be.
Weird thing is that some markers align good. Some absolutely don't. That makes me doubt slanglican's option would work.

Ask for additional pictures. If not better, reject the watch.

Yea I have have little explanation as to how I was able to get mine back on track..
it’s like I tightened the case down in the right place so as to manipulate where the gaps were and how. If the gap between dial and slide rule..
but same technique did not seem to work on my other navitimer...
I’ll show the alignment before and after..

Reactions: KJ2020

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Slanglican

Indeed, 11-25 way worse that the other numbers.
Very peculiar that you were able to fix it this way and with excellent result.

(Did you mean by tightening the case, with the case/movement clamps?)

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Slanglican

Indeed, 11-25 way worse that the other numbers.
Very peculiar that you were able to fix it this way and with excellent result.

(Did you mean by tightening the case, with the case/movement clamps?)

Correct!! Pretty sure when chazingtimes “watchsmith” cleaned the dial, he didn’t put the right clamp back in the right spot.. there was one clamp waaay bigger/longer than the others and until I switched the clamp to the left side(9 o clock side)

Reactions: TBK

Batman20

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/7/20
Thanks for the comments. I agree, it was way too noticeable and bothersome! I subsequently rejected that piece, was shown another one which was even worse so now waiting on a 3rd piece. V7 factory seem to be having issues getting this right at the moment.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
There is another factory that has this watch as well!