• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Navitimer 1 Chronograph 41 by KOR factory - live pics!

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
In this configuration the 7750 is quite stable, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoons

Supporter
Certified
21/4/19
This is great quality except for the tolerance between the dial and slide rule. Mine had like a 1mm gap.
I installed a gen crystal and dial and removed the plastic spacer under the slide rule. The dial sits nice and flush now.

The rep dial is actually pretty good until you get into darker areas, this is where the bright silver dial print on the genuine really pops and provides excellent legibility. I know this is the older dial but I just love white subdials.
139597d89cbd2119b10cfce8bb978184.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get the white date wheel that you used in this swap? It looks like it has the correct Breitling font rather than the stock ETA/Valjoux font. Looks great!

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK
The only one that looks very close to the gen is the white one. Both blue and black are missing the correct reflective paint on the dial as per gen. When the sun hits the paintings on the dial, they shine on the gen (similar to sunburst effect, but silvery). On the rep it's not present. White dial doesn't suffer from this issue.

The reflection you mention is the crystal not the dial. Look towards the first few pages. Importr has provide shots of the blue dial alone. It does have sun burst. The crystal lacks proper double AR native to gen Breitling watches so the sunburst dial is lost under it.

Also, the white is the least accurate of all 3. It’s not even the same shade of white. Gen white is more cream colour whereas KOR one is as white as A4 laser paper.

Reactions: Hasselbaink

Spoons

Supporter
Certified
21/4/19
The reflection you mention is the crystal not the dial. Look towards the first few pages. Importr has provide shots of the blue dial alone. It does have sun burst. The crystal lacks proper double AR native to gen Breitling watches so the sunburst dial is lost under it.

Also, the white is the least accurate of all 3. It’s not even the same shade of white. Gen white is more cream colour whereas KOR one is as white as A4 laser paper.

I think he's talking about the reflectivity of the silver paint that is used for the numerals and indices on the dial. If so, he's correct that the gen dial numerals and indices shine/reflect much better than the rep dial. You can see that in mnkoshka's pictures a few post earlier, as well as in Akille's photos of his gen Navitimer 01.

Ronniebeck

Looking Around
8/6/19
Has anyone ordered one of these recently? I emailed trusty on monday to ask if the blue dial was in stock and he came back within an hour and said it was. So I ordered the following day and he just came back to me today to say its not available and to pick something else.

I am waiting to hear if it's just the colour or all of these models not available. A bit annoying to be honest!

gia311271

Horology Curious
3/11/19
So, I ended up rejecting the black dial because of the defect in the marker. Since there were no more black dials in stock I took the blue instead.
Andrew (trustytime) was very helpful and fast with the switch. A perfect customer experience if you ask me. I got my watch 5 days ago. You can see the pics below.

What to say ? it's really a fantastic piece. I am admittedly a noob in the rep scene, but for having played in the past with reps from DHG or Ali, the difference in quality is astounding.
The dial color looks more black than blue to me in normal light, only under the sun you can really see the blue coming out (and the sunburst).
The slide rule alignment is nearly perfect IMO. That was very important for me and I am really happy with it.
All functions work of course but the start stop button feel a bit hard to press.

The only small issue I see is the dial is a bit "sunken" w.r.t the slide rule, as you can see in the last picture. It's more flush at the bottom. Do you think that I can open it and push the dial a bit, or it depends on the crown and there is nothing to be done ?

Reactions: Hasselbaink

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Do you think that I can open it and push the dial a bit, or it depends on the crown and there is nothing to be done ?

Yeah pretty much all of us had to do this. I was able to get mine a smidge better but it still has a little gap.. but looking at yours, it seems like you should be able to close that gap a bit!

FDG

Known Member
11/7/10
So it has the sunburst, but is the text "reflective" ? Lack of proper AR and non reflective print has always been a dead giveaway for me. So I bought the gen ????

man-in-the-moon-69

Looking Around
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/5/21
Hi Fellows,

thank you so much for this detailed discussion on this nice watch. I fell in love with the blue dialed version immediately.

Now receiving qc pictures I am very sensitive on the misalignment of the slide rule.

What do you think about what I got? Is it too much? I'd be happy to read your thoughts on this.

Best wishes, stay healthy
MOTM69

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Similar scenario to what's been mentioned before regarding the dial adjustment. You see that tiny gap on the date side of the dial : if the gap is equalised all around, then the scale rule marking alignment is improved.

It worked on my watch aswell as others.

Jeanmard

WTB omega planet ocean skyfall
3/10/17
EU
I’m crazy about this release, but where to buy it now ?

JM