• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Navitimer 1 Chronograph 41 by KOR factory - live pics!

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
That's a very classy look. I like that. I need a good quality blue Croc aswell.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Awesome! Loving that! The gen strap makes a big difference, as subtle as it seems.

Last edited:

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
This is great quality except for the tolerance between the dial and slide rule. Mine had like a 1mm gap.
I installed a gen crystal and dial and removed the plastic spacer under the slide rule. The dial sits nice and flush now.

The rep dial is actually pretty good until you get into darker areas, this is where the bright silver dial print on the genuine really pops and provides excellent legibility. I know this is the older dial but I just love white subdials.
139597d89cbd2119b10cfce8bb978184.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Good to know that the gen dial is plug and play!
:)

Gen dial fits pretty good. The rep dial measures 31.79 and the gen newer Navi dial measured 32.28
The Old gen navitimer dial is 32.00

Reactions: Importr

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
This is great quality except for the tolerance between the dial and slide rule. Mine had like a 1mm gap.
I installed a gen crystal and dial and removed the plastic spacer under the slide rule. The dial sits nice and flush now.

The rep dial is actually pretty good until you get into darker areas, this is where the bright silver dial print on the genuine really pops and provides excellent legibility. I know this is the older dial but I just love white subdials.
139597d89cbd2119b10cfce8bb978184.jpg

Pardon my ignorance, but I’m always eager to learn and I had/have the same tolerance issue on mine too, cause if the slide rule to look awkwardly misaligned..
what do you mean. by “plastic spacer under the slide rule”? Imagining my dial/movement out of the case, I am trying to picture what you’re referring to and just cannot..
mis that a gen slide rule or the KOR rep slide rule?

thanks!
Navi looks AWESOME by the way!!

Last edited:

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Slanglican The more I looked at this case the more I found wrong with it unfortunately.
No worries at all , I should have taken photos sorry guys. So to explain
In order it goes parts into the case
1. Crystal
2. Crystal Gasket
3. Slide rule
4. Under slide rule thin nylon washer
5. Bezel assembly
6. Movement

Underneath the slide rule between it and the internal bezel taper is a very thin nylon washer. The gen I’m sure has this also by I can’t remember. It acts as a buffer between parts so that the outer edge of the dial and inner edge of the slide rule don’t come into full contact... this is is obviously to reduce friction and or part on part wear and tear as over time brass or aluminium powder would be created. This washer was creating the large gap.

Although the KOR rep has the similar gen spec construction it’s tolerance and measurements are not great. The crown tube position is too low which leaves the dial sitting too low on the crown side of the watch. Mine may have been a bad example but it was a huge gap and dial was completely tilted....it was way off. This also puts unnecessary strain on crown stem.
To be honest I was disappointed trusty time didn’t pick this up or it was hidden by photo angles in QC.

Even with the gen dial and everything installed as it should be the dial is still tilted badly.

Note: for anyone purchasing this watch ask for a photo of the watch on this angle, would love to know if anyone has the same issue

5374-A78-F-CE9-C-4-A34-82-AC-3-A79-AE9-C38-EA.jpg

display resolution

Last edited:
Reactions: Slanglican

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Slanglican The more I looked at this case the more I found wrong with it unfortunately.

Although the KOR rep has the similar gen spec construction it’s tolerance and measurements are not great. The crown tube position is too low which leaves the dial sitting too low on the crown side of the watch. Mine may have been a bad example but it was a huge gap and dial was completely tilted....it was way off. This also puts unnecessary strain on crown stem.

Even with the gen dial and everything installed as it should be the dial is still tilted badly.

Note: for anyone purchasing this watch ask for a photo of the watch on this angle, would love to know if anyone has the same issue

Mine had a very slightly tilted dial also, which contributed to the slide rule looking off. However, by changing the movement clamps around I was able to correct it. Not perfect, but what is in the rep game.

Reactions: mnkoshka

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Mine had a very slightly tilted dial also, which contributed to the slide rule looking off. However, by changing the movement clamps around I was able to correct it. Not perfect, but what is in the rep game.

Yeah I tried that seemed to get the dial level but unfortunately puts strain on the stem and makes it hard to wind now lol. Might remove the tube and weld the case them drill for new position. I like the way it turned out so might try make it perfect.

Last edited:

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
What if the height of the bezel could be reduced? So the dial and movement sits in line with the stem, but the slide rule comes down to meet the dial?

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
mnkoshka yeah mine suffered from this. I was able to get it in such a position that the slide rule looks pretty well aligned...
I did the same thing importr did.. moved around lamps and .... ...actually I don’t know how the heck I finally got the slide rule back to alignment...

blim

Known Member
9/9/20
Does the white dial version suffer from the same tilted dial issue as well?

Any owners of the white version mind chiming in?