• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Top Time Chrono SS/LE Zorro from GF

etj4588

Horology Curious
22/10/17
Here is the Gen vs. GF

Z9jdCn.png

Reactions: chrgod

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Base of the hands should be silver not dark but otherwise looks good...assuming lightning is playing a part in the crispness of colours on dial hands etc.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Here is the Gen vs. GF

Z9jdCn.png

The base of the hands are different colours to gen. But in reality actually pics show rep is good to true colours...I’m increasingly tempted by this one.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Looking further at chrono24 a number of different sellers that are gen all are showing the watch with the case back “One of 2000”...pics are different, sellers are different but the case back is the same?

Last edited:

etj4588

Horology Curious
22/10/17
Looking further at chrono24 a number of different sellers that are gen all are showing the watch with the case back “One of 2000”...pics are different, sellers are different but the case back is the same?

I don't think they are individually numbered. I don't think the "One" refers to the first watch produced. It's just that each watch is One of 2000 produced.

Reactions: GottaHave

trombone

Certified
26/3/06
The base of the hands are different colours to gen. But in reality actually pics show rep is good to true colours...I’m increasingly tempted by this one.

There is just a shadow on the rep hands and it seems there is dark colour, but it isn´t.
This rep looks very good.

trombone

Certified
26/3/06
I don't think they are individually numbered. I don't think the "One" refers to the first watch produced. It's just that each watch is One of 2000 produced.

I saw a review of the gen watch on one of the big watchsites and these fact was critized, that a limited edition watch should have individual numbers. So this is like on the gen.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
As the movement on the original is based on the ETA 7753 (sub dials at 3,6, seconds at 9) I'm surprised all dealers are saying it uses the A7750 (sub dial at 6, second at 9, and 12) as that would require some extra work to get move the small sub dial at 3 to work, as I presume it must function.

My thought is whether for reliability, you could swap out the A7750 and drop a swiss ETA7753 straight in without mods.