• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New GF Avenger Bandits

Podraza

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/12/20
Plymouth, Mn
It was 4px then Andrew said it switched to China special air mail service. I love not buying the rip off gen and helping these factories out

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
It left China post on the 3rd No new updates yet

What do you mean it left China post on the 3rd??
Have you got an update saying “flight departure” yet? Or forwarded to carrier? I mean saying “it left China post on the 3rd could mean anything”

oh shit!!!!!!! Just that second I got an update saying that it arrived in Miami!!!!

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
What do you mean it left China post on the 3rd??
Have you got an update saying “flight departure” yet? Or forwarded to carrier? I mean saying “it left China post on the 3rd could mean anything”

oh shit!!!!!!! Just that second I got an update saying that it arrived in Miami!!!!

Exciting :D It should with you in a daytime I think :D Can you please share some photos when you get the watch, I’ll pull the trigger if it has some updates, especially the pearl :D

Reactions: Podraza

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Exciting :D It should with you in a daytime I think :D Can you please share some photos when you get the watch, I’ll pull the trigger if it has some updates, especially the pearl :D

Not that soon... prolly mid next week..
someone just post about this watch who received one just recently... that thread may have more info

Reactions: Podraza

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Eagle has landed.

1-BEDECC7-9741-4-CD4-8317-BE582743-B456.jpg

E9-DB99-E8-35-C6-4073-86-FA-AFF97101-FDD6.jpg

8-B828860-309-E-4-A91-B2-F8-59166-BC9560-E.jpg

CF2859-E5-833-E-4-F6-C-8-A10-19-ACE10-F2-EAE.jpg

BFB3-C975-C7-C4-4-CC2-A236-FB4-AF6-E94995.jpg

5-C75-DF6-F-FFDB-4-C38-AA89-0-ADC9-F46-D533.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Where did you get the black pro rubber strap from? Is it deployment clasp compatible?

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
I initially ordered the V9F Avenger Bandit but Andrew from Trusty said the factory is closed due to raids. My second choice was the all black avenger from GF. Here are my QC pics. There’s a video on YouTube of this watch and I don’t see the AR being that strong.

See here.
https://youtu.be/bjDl5XrNfL4

QC pics

Sent from the RWI App

Is the watch in the YouTube video is a rep? Do they come with that box in the video?

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Man my avenger II has a great bezel with little back play.. Buttery yet solid action...
but man this avenger chronograph or avenger bandit, whatever you wanna call it.. the gray dial one... it, just isn’t up to snuff... just feels cheap, has back play and bad, cheap sounding action...

anyone else experience this with the bandits?

Madcap

Known Member
2/10/17
i dont have the new avenger chrono night mission (black & green dials) but i do have the the GF V2 Avenger bandit. i cant really i say i like it either, the titanium case and bezel feels light and i agree on the backplay as well. Thats stopped me from getting this release as well.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Man my avenger II has a great bezel with little back play.. Buttery yet solid action...
but man this avenger chronograph or avenger bandit, whatever you wanna call it.. the gray dial one... it, just isn’t up to snuff... just feels cheap, has back play and bad, cheap sounding action...

anyone else experience this with the bandits?

Mine feels better after tighten up the bolts on the bezel, but the thing is bandit and I think all other GF bezels are mechanical. I think you can experience exact same gen feeling if you change the spring that help the bezel to click with a gen. I had a gen seawolf before, gf bandit doesn’t feel much different to be honest. The other reason maybe the material as it is titanium and is a softer metal than the steel

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20

this thing I mean, the correct term is click spring apparently, and I believe can be sourced cheaper, and it doesn’t seem to be much of a cost to have a gen click feeling given a rep strap does cost at about that much

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Is your new bandit has a more gen like pearl by the way with a fish eye effect?

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Is your new bandit has a more gen like pearl by the way with a fish eye effect?

I don’t know honestly.., the AR is pretty good...
The bottom pusher On mine gets jammed in and won’t pop back out or reset the chrono Properly. Hell the chrono just doesn’t reset properly and back to 0 most of the time period..
just disappointing that wasn’t picked up in qc...
so I’ve been a bit jaded about it...

I thought I could fix it, but it is almost like the pusher is too fat for the whole made for it in the case... he’ll idk.. maybe there’s something wrong with the spring or size of the spring?
i opened it up, pulled out the movement and did my best to fix it and if I twist the pusher in the exact right spot, it’ll work and pop back out without getting jammed, thus how I noticed the chrono just isn’t functioning properly..
but it is still a headache and I shouldn’t be dealing with that on day 1...

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
I am convinced that my avenger II chronograph is just the best there is. Period! Hands down! And so I’m disappointed at every other avenger Bc none can live up to the avenger II in either build quality, size, aesthetic of the dial, the blue dial color or that mirror like finish... it’s just the shit!!
i think the avenger II gmt is the only other one if I’d love... it’s my next purchase I do believe..
ive abandoned the other new release bandits as 45 is just a smidge too big and I Bc ant stand the bezel. They just feel off to me..

Reactions: Bombardier

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Sorry to hear that. I don’t really know what maybe wrong with the pusher to be honest but I have experienced similar problems with gen watches too, that’s actually when I became to more appreciate replicas and Chinese efforts :)

I find 43mm avenger chronos more proportionally pleasent aswell, both 43 and 45 cases use the same size pushers and crowns I think. Which one do you have? I didn’t get to find any comprehensive info on those here. Avenger 2 Chronos

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
I am convinced that my avenger II chronograph is just the best there is. Period! Hands down! And so I’m disappointed at every other avenger Bc none can live up to the avenger II in either build quality, size, aesthetic of the dial, the blue dial color or that mirror like finish... it’s just the shit!!
i think the avenger II gmt is the only other one if I’d love... it’s my next purchase I do believe..
ive abandoned the other new release bandits as 45 is just a smidge too big and I Bc ant stand the bezel. They just feel off to me..

I’m actually very much tempted purchase an avenger 2 chrono now, I did before aswell but changed my mind as the blue dial had sub dials in silver, and they were not sold with a deployment clasp, which I really like the Breitling rubber clasp on a rubber pro strap

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
I’m actually very much tempted purchase an avenger 2 chrono now, I did before aswell but changed my mind as the blue dial had sub dials in silver, and they were not sold with a deployment clasp, which I really like the Breitling rubber clasp on a rubber pro strap

I’m not a big fan of the straps you have to Cut and those deployants clasps... The rep is awesome! I love the silver sub dials.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
I’m not a big fan of the straps you have to Cut and those deployants clasps... The rep is awesome! I love the silver sub dials.

Do you have a photo of the skyland 43 and bandit 45 please?