• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New GF Avenger Bandits

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
First 250 gen pieces had white text and possibly lighter dial

Sent from the RWI App

Man, I’d love to see some pics.. I thought you got the black dial one... the green dial is the one I almost pulled the trigger on top, hah! GF usually doesn’t mess up things like “Swiss made” color and from what I’ve seen always more accurate than OXF..
who knows though!

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Exactly my worry, thats its not from GF but rather some small no name fac. There are no videos of this model on vidqq or youku so im abit apprehensive ordering. On a side note, i tried the gen green mission timer at an AD and it is lovely

Was the Swiss made black or white? I cannot seem to find any white anywhere

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Man, I’d love to see some pics.. I thought you got the black dial one... the green dial is the one I almost pulled the trigger on top, hah! GF usually doesn’t mess up things like “Swiss made” color and from what I’ve seen always more accurate than OXF..
who knows though!

Hey, where can I find this info? I can’t seem to find any with white text any where?
i tried to find a forum or something talking about but no luck there either..

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
I asked Andrew about the apparent 4 different factories who make the black or green dial avenger night mission...
He said that the B50 and ANF are the same factory and same watch!
As far as the green dial version, Andrew says that the ANF is going to be more accurate but the GF is a better build quality...
I’ve asked him exactly what he meant by that but my assumption is he means the dial color and potentially the Swiss made being black instead of white. I personally can not find any examples of white, but that doesn’t mean they weren’t made...

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Hi! I just received my green so-called Avenger Bandit. Breitling calls it Avenger Night Mission. I have no idea why the dealers call it a Bandit!

Anyway, I just wanted to share with you that GF did a great job overall, as usual, but the green colour of the dial and strap is much, much lighter than it should. I call it Avocado Night Mission! I think the OXF version was/is much better in this particular aspect and I will try to source a spare dial to substitute for the GF. Also, "swiss made" is written in white, whereas the gen (and OXF) comes in black. Go figure!

I asked Andrew about all the different factories that make this and he said the ANF is the most accurate version but gf is best build quality.. did not even mention the oxf at all..,
who knows.. I’m trying to figure out which factory to get

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Trusty time and also InTime and Chazingtime... it’s th B50.. I confirmed, the best I could, that these are the same dang factory. There is no b50 Andrew says...

so there is ANF, GF and OXF..
he said the along with dial color and the black Swiss made, the movement decoration and bezel details are a bit better... I guess it’s possible the ANF could still feel cheaper and be a sloppy build yet also be more accurate.. idk.. usually the gf are built fairly well, but heck, I’ve had a couple GF that were also total shit...

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL
Ah, I knew the ANF version, but did not remember it!

The dial and the hands are exactly the same, if you compare ANF to OXF. I do not know about the case and the bezel, though.

Both OXF and ANF have a glaring flaw, which I consider to be even worse than the wrong colour of the GF's dial: hour and minutes hands are too short, almost ridiculously short. This was the single reason why I ordered the GF instead of ANF or OXF.

I will now try to get a ANF/OXF dial to substitute it for the GF.

Oh, and I just remembered that my dealer said GF's bezel is the only currently available that has the correct fish-eye effect on the pearl, and this is a recent development not found on older GF's models/versions.

Reactions: Slanglican

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Can you share more photos please? :D I have a bandit, bought used but I am in love with it and planning to buy a brand new one if it has enough updated to justify a new purchase.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
I was also looking at the new dlc blue dial and thought gf would also rep it but just realised it comes only in 48mm size :/

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20

The dial and the hands are exactly the same, if you compare ANF to OXF. I do not know about the case and the bezel, though.

Both OXF and ANF have a glaring flaw, which I consider to be even worse than the wrong colour of the GF's dial: hour and minutes hands are too short, almost ridiculously short. This was the single reason why I ordered the GF instead of ANF or OXF.

Oh, and I just remembered that my dealer said GF's bezel is the only currently available that has the correct fish-eye effect on the pearl, and this is a recent development not found on older GF's models/versions.

Jesus. I cannot Unsee that.. this is why I love this forum..
you know, I guess I don’t pay close enough attention or pay as close attention to detail as I think I do..
those are vastly different. The chrono hand especially jeez...
that totally blew up my thought process about buying this watch. I was pretty much set on the ANF until I saw that... thanks for pointing it out!

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20

So the new bandit also has a better fish eye effect on the pearl than the older versions? Do you have any comparison photos please?

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Thank you :D

I am also waiting on this exact watch...
mine was rejected at customs with 4px and got sent back and then shipped out ems...
so, yeah... ems/China post shipping During CNY!!
im sure I’ll see it by summer time!

(I think I did get lucky Bc I got a “flight departure” update just a couple days ago before right before the whole freaking place shuts down, so I at least have a chance of it getting here.... uuum, late spring maybe??)

Reactions: Podraza

Podraza

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/12/20
Plymouth, Mn
Hope mine is soon. I also had a new tracking number resent from Andrew. Hopefully this week! I also just purchased the Rolex deepsea noob V10 blue! 7% discount right now Yes!!

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Hope mine is soon. I also had a new tracking number resent from Andrew. Hopefully this week! I also just purchased the Rolex deepsea noob V10 blue! 7% discount right now Yes!!

When did you order yours, which day?
when did you get new tracking number and was new tracking number 4px or ems?