• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Difference between two Superocean's?

GWalkaa

Horology Curious
4/11/20
Looking at my first Breitling SuperRep and wondered between the difference of two models.

Pretty much each one I see is the GF factory on the A2824 movement and I can only find V2 models. However, I came across another model from a TD but with the Miyota 9015 movement - Same GF V2 model.

Which is the best for accuracy and why would you part with your money on one and not the other?

Cheers

turner

Horology Curious
27/8/15
United States
Hi. They are both great reps. The main difference between the two are the movements. I myself just bought a rep with the Miyota 9015 movement instead of the A2824 movement. I decided to go with a proven workhorse. Even though the A2824 movements are very good, they are still replicas. You could get a great one, or you could have one with issues after awhile. The parts are easy to find, however.
You take on less risk with the Miyota 9015. ...That's just the way I went, though. I think you will be happy either way you go. As for accuracy, they are both very accurate. Good luck

Reactions: GWalkaa

GWalkaa

Horology Curious
4/11/20
Hi. They are both great reps. The main difference between the two are the movements. I myself just bought a rep with the Miyota 9015 movement instead of the A2824 movement. I decided to go with a proven workhorse. Even though the A2824 movements are very good, they are still replicas. You could get a great one, or you could have one with issues after awhile. The parts are easy to find, however.
You take on less risk with the Miyota 9015. ...That's just the way I went, though. I think you will be happy either way you go. As for accuracy, they are both very accurate. Good luck

Thanks turner, good to know. I won't be opening the casing and just need this to supplement my gen so I think id prefer the reliability.

tomaslc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/20
Hi, do you think the miyota can be serviced anywhere or is it better to require the help of a fellow member?

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
The miyota is a very common movement and so can be serviced by any watchmaker. But... Most watchmakers don't want to work on replica watches. tomaslc

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Miyota is Japanese, anything Japanese is good, more reliable than a gen Rolex movement, you don’t have to repair, buy a new one at like 40-50 and replace with a new one, that’s how reliable they are :)

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Get the A2824. The Miyota is noisy and not as accurate as a good 2824-2. I’ve had MANY of the GF A2824-2 movements and they have been very accurate and reliable. My current SOH II 42 GF is -2sec/day.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Nick010

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
31/3/20
Rotterdam
Get the A2824. The Miyota is noisy and not as accurate as a good 2824-2. I’ve had MANY of the GF A2824-2 movements and they have been very accurate and reliable. My current SOH II 42 GF is -2sec/day.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Totally agree with this.