• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New GF Breitling Avenger 43mm

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
Final got qc pics of the 45mm gmt black dial. It looks good to me.

V510pQ.jpg

V51ROg.jpg

V51Msa.jpg

V51e7f.jpg

V51sZy.jpg

V51xRX.jpg

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Nice Korky. Looks good!

I have some more pics as well. I got a better camera. Still no outdoors lighting. I decided to really wear the blue dial first though I'm leaning towards the black dial. Both are good with a number of straps. I did size the bracelet which is great but I miss the micro adjust holes. It may look cleaner without them and be an upgraded clasp in looks but it's downgraded in functionality. It wears very well. Better than the Avenger GMT since the case bottom doesn't protrude as much lifting the watch off the wrist and it is thicker so it balances out the watch. I love the Avenger GMT but sometimes it can wear weird. Almost too flat for it's size and high off the wrist. The lugs curve to fit my 6.5 inch wrist. These "feel" like gens to me. As a Breitling guy these for me are kind of the total package.

I wasn't done playing with the straps yet and I found some I don't like on any other watches but look great on these. They're strap monsters actually. Sporty but not too sporty. I really don't want to take it off. I only have taken it off to remind myself how much I like the vsf 2018 seamaster that's a keeper for me. The Seamaster and Avenger are actually very similar as far as case finishing goes. Both with razor crisp lines on the case flanks and almost identical brushing coarseness or roughness or grain, whatever you want to call it. Here are some pictures on a couple of the straps I was trying out.

Zo4nSF.jpg

Zo48et.jpg

Zo49P5.jpg

Zo41mp.jpg

Zo4rt2.jpg

Zo4QHn.jpg

Zo4tEE.jpg

Zo4l13.jpg

Zo4p4s.jpg

Zo4CgY.jpg

Zo4ToD.jpg

Zo4d0o.jpg

Zo4XPk.jpg

Zo4weJ.jpg

Last edited:

korky7

Banned
6/2/09
Wow, looks great! So your feeling thr black dial more? I love the blue dial but I thought I would be safe and stick with the black. It appears like the blue is quiet close to the gen color? It seems to be quiet flat blue? I totally forgot that these don't have the micro adjustment on the clasp. Yah they should not have taken it away. That is one thing that breirling has to do better is their clasps. They are outdated.

korky7

Banned
6/2/09
I just looked at my qc pics and i remember watching a watch review. You can still adjust the clasp from the inside. It just doesn't show the holes on the outside of the clasp!

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Some outside pics. Still haven't had sun. Yeah, I like the black better. It has more contrast and shows the blue/purple AR better. I'm a black dial guy normally but I do like the occasional blue and some watches just look better in blue (SuperOcean Heritage) and to me this isn't one. The blue is rather subdued and isn't blue enough in my opinion. Since I have enough black dials I would have wanted the blue to be more vibrant for variety. The blue with the blue and red strap is the only one that makes me question that stance as i love that look. There really is barely any difference and in direct light the blue almost looks grey. The black looks grey too though. It's still good watch though and in the 11 days I've had it I wore the blue 10 of them. I'm using it up and it will probably be a gonner while I keep the black. I don't see myself getting rid of the black at all though. I did know about the micro adjust I just wish it had the holes as it's sooo much easier to adjust with them to me.

ZqTLzY.jpg

ZqT5kk.jpg

ZqTUVo.jpg

ZqTeYD.jpg

Last edited:

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Just received my 45mm blue dial...just stunning. Everything about it is well executed, pearl, AR is blue like gen, dial colour, date font, quiet movement etc.

V5gfcK.jpg

V5glNd.jpg

V5g8ae.jpg

korky7

Banned
6/2/09
I'm really enjoying the black gmt. I agree these new releases are amazing. The bracelet needed a bath but after that...wow....im ordering the 45mm seawolf before they sell out.

Naths63

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/5/20
I was in the middle ordering the 45 GMT black, then started looking at the 3-hand 43mm...don’t know what to get now!!!...what’s the general consensus of which is the best one??...cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrHack

10/8/20
SoCal
I was in the middle ordering the 45 GMT black, then started looking at the 3-hand 43mm...don’t know what to get now!!!...what’s the general consensus of which is the best one??...cheers

If you think size will be an issue, don't worry about the 45mm. It wears quite small IMO because a lot of the diameter is taken up by the bezel. Contrast with an IWC Big Pilot, for example - it's all dial and no bezel so it wears much bigger.

As far as the quality, my 45mm GF looks to me to be just about flawless. I have not worn a 43 so I can't judge that, but I know you'll be happy with the 45.

Naths63

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/5/20
If you think size will be an issue, don't worry about the 45mm. It wears quite small IMO because a lot of the diameter is taken up by the bezel. Contrast with an IWC Big Pilot, for example - it's all dial and no bezel so it wears much bigger.

As far as the quality, my 45mm GF looks to me to be just about flawless. I have not worn a 43 so I can't judge that, but I know you'll be happy with the 45.

I had a IWC BP and that does wear big and the bloody onion was digging in my wrist!!, and that’s 46mm...iv had 45 before, a Planet Ocean, and 47mm submersible Pams and they were fine...so I think I’m going to get the 45mm GMT in black if I don’t like it, it will be easy to move on, it’s just one of those awkward moments in wanting both!!!...lol,thanks for your input...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DrHack

korky7

Banned
6/2/09
Yes I ended up going with the 45mm gmt. It doesn't Wear that large.

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
I'm about to order the black dial with steel bracelet. Curious how the bracelet feels en how the quality of the brushing on bracelet and case is in real.
Most pics here have the plastic still on it or other bracelet so difficult to see..

Reactions: tkingjr