• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New V9F factory Breitling Avenger Bandit

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
Looks like a new factory has come out with thr Avenger Bandit. Are there any other breitling models made from this factory? The gf bandits no longer come with the same crystal and bezel so I declined my qc pics not long ago. The crystal also either doesn't have anti refective coating or is very light. Notihing like the first and second versions. Surprising this bandit from this new factory looks like it has better engravings on the bezel and a nicer looking pearl. With only the one picture up on trustys website it is tough to tell exactly how other things look. But I think it looks promising!

Here is the link

https://trustytime.asia/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_137&products_id=22110

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Yes I have noticed GF crystal has gone backwards...little to no AR on one recent purchase compared to great blue same as gen AR on an Avenger GMT II from some time ago.

As you say it looks good but one pic is hard to judge, watching this one closely!

donkacper

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Case should be titanium. If it's really steel as trusty says then it's a no go. And it does look like steel, but can't be sure from that picture.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G973F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Case should be titanium. If it's really steel as trusty says then it's a no go. And it does look like steel, but can't be sure from that picture.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G973F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Damn I missed that...ss is a big mistake:confused:

korky7

Banned
6/2/09
Crap i didn't even notice that. If is steel yes that would be a deal breaker.

korky7

Banned
6/2/09
Nice, thats all i needed to hear. Gonna order this one.

Devchone

Looking Around
29/11/18
Hi, ive been looking for an updated version for ages and just found this post. Would you guys buy this from Trusty, the Chazing Time mob or another dealer. Sorry for all the questions.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Hi, ive been looking for an updated version for ages and just found this post. Would you guys buy this from Trusty, the Chazing Time mob or another dealer. Sorry for all the questions.

Any of the trusted dealers would be fine and safe. The only difference between the dealers is their selling style.

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
I just spoke to Andrew at Trusty Time and he says it's SS. I have the titanium GF and the V9F pictures from Chazing Time is the same crystal as my GF which I'm not too fond of. Notice the blueish reflection?

What's going on with the bezel? every photo I see has it shifted to the left with a gap at the 9 position.

Last edited:

korky7

Banned
6/2/09
The case looks Titanium. I have been comparing pics and it appears darker the the gf model. I looked back at the comparison pics of the gen and gf and the gf looks lighter in color. I could be wrong but i think it is. The case may be darker like the gen. The bezel engravings look deeper maybe not as sharp but they are pretty close. I did notice some slight gap between the bezel and case but I think on the wrist it will look fine. I'll put some pics up when it arrives.

nanoman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
PNW
The case looks Titanium. I have been comparing pics and it appears darker the the gf model. I looked back at the comparison pics of the gen and gf and the gf looks lighter in color. I could be wrong but i think it is. The case may be darker like the gen. The bezel engravings look deeper maybe not as sharp but they are pretty close. I did notice some slight gap between the bezel and case but I think on the wrist it will look fine. I'll put some pics up when it arrives.

Please keep us posted. Have you received your QC pics?

korky7

Banned
6/2/09
Haven't recieved pics yet but should be soon!

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
The watch in general looks good. According to chazing time's website that is. (Trusty's looks ss indeed,. because of the polished look)

The gap between the bezel and the crystal was something that stood out to me. But perhaps not that noticable in real life. The pearl still seems to be Nemesis of the reps. It still doesn't look glass like. The pattern in the weaving of the straps fabric is also different as per gen. But not a real issue I think.

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
Well, I sold my GF version and ordered the V9F version. Will post QC shots when they come in.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
hmm is the GF version that bad? was looking between this and GF. Can someone link me to the GF thread please, can't seems to find it.

Last edited:

korky7

Banned
6/2/09
I don't think the gf model is bad in anyway. I think this new version looks more like the color of the gen and has all the other quality points like bezel engravings are good. Anti refective coating looks decent along with a good date font. We will see how it compares!