• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling 1 41mm Navitimer

mmar141

Horology Curious
23/12/19
Is there any info on the Navitimer v7f in 41mm? It looks to be a fairly new rep. I've had my eye on the gen for a while. I'd love to get a Navitimer world but I have an irrational fear of the 7750 breaking and feel comfortable with the 41mm asian 2824. Can anyone help with their opinions on the watch?

mmar141

Horology Curious
23/12/19
NVM. There seems to be a full post that I totally missed when browsing on my phone.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
The world is great!
i think you’d be pleasantly surprised by the 7750...

Reactions: mmar141

mmar141

Horology Curious
23/12/19
I've got a 6.75" wrist. Would a 46mm watch look too big? The world was what I had always wanted, but I thought that it'd wear too big, and the movement might break.

DrHack

10/8/20
SoCal
That's a fairly small wrist and a fairly big watch. But a lot depends on the shape of your wrist (flat or round) and the total width of the watch including lugs. Also watches can look bigger or smaller depending on color, material, and shape.

Find out the lug-to-lug measurement, then cut out a piece of paper of that size and place it on your wrist. See if the lugs would overhang - that's my method for deciding if a watch is too big or not.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I've got a 6.75" wrist. Would a 46mm watch look too big? The world was what I had always wanted, but I thought that it'd wear too big, and the movement might break.

Everyone has opinions about watch sizes & I'm all about letting everyone wear whatever size they like.

You asked so I'll give my opinion for me. My wrist is 7 3/8" dia & as a general rule I like watches that are on the bigger side. I have had close to 100 watches now so I have a pretty good idea of what I like for me. As others have said not all watches with a certain dia wear the same. Some watches have long or short lugs or sometimes the od of the bezel will be bigger than the case or smaller than the case making the watch wear bigger or smaller than the case dia might imply.

With all that out of the way....
For a sport watch like a Navitimer my favorite size for me is a 42mm case with about a 43mm od of the bezel. If the od of the bezel is slightly larger than the case, it makes the bezel easier to grab so that is why I like it that way. I have had several Panerais that were 44, 45 & 47mm & the Blancpain Fifty Fathams @45 & have decided that 44 is my max. I really like Navitimers, but I won't order a Navitimer world as it is just too big for me.

So for me, I'm going to say in my opinion a 46mm dia watch is almost certainly going to look too big on you.