• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can anyone help with a loose Navitimer bezel?

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
The bezel on my new navitimer is very loose... it moves up and down if i shake the watch gently and will move around with any contact with my sleeves. When i tap the sapphire it sounds very loose and "plasticy" but when i push in the bezel with my hand it sounds normal. Is there a fix to this?

I paid for a full service which is a bit worrying....Surely this would have been spotted?

Thanks

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
this happened to mine so i sent it back for repair and the factory replaced the case to fix it. i don't know what caused it to happen. i never use the slide rule or rotate it for any reason and i never hit it on anything. i am still puzzeled as to why it happened. i really hate this because i love this watch and brietlings in general.

i just put it on one day and it made a very hollow sound when i flicked my wrist and it was loose like you described, very strange. i would like to see how they are made. i want a world timer gmt, a tt navi and a bently but i am wondering about them as well. i would like to know exactly what caused the problem to begine with.

how about it? does anybody know how these are made? has anybody else had this probelm?

paulV

4/11/06
I have a recent Navitimer TT and the first time i turned the bezel a click was heared.
As for now i have no further problems but i never heard the click again when turning it.
The bezel seems to be a little loose coz he's moving a tiny bit under daily wear.
I don't use it, maybe i'll put a little glue in it :D

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
My watch arrived like this, bezel was loose from day one. I wouldnt mind it a small bit loose but it hops around the place and makes a horrible hollow noise.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
yes i know that sound. it's bad and it sounds like the crystal is going to fall out.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
I posted this a while back on Watch Repair. I had the same problem a year ago. This is the method:

1) remove movt
2) push out watch glass - tip; wear gloves, push out with thumb(s)
*be very careful as you may scratch the slide rule or break the glass!*
3) lift out the slide rule insert to reveal the bezel screws!
4) tighten the 3 little screws, but not too tight or the bezel wont spin!
5) refit and clean glass etc. Refitting the glass is either a Pro job, or DIY which has an element of risk. I carefully lined up the glass in place, then pressed down in 3 positions (ie. 120 degree spacing) until the glass went in. The I pressed the whole case (glass facing out, pressure on glass edges) onto a wooden wardrobe (or door frame!), something immobile, to seat it fully. Always keep the pressure on the edge of the glass, not the centre.

Hope that helps!

ps. don't be tempted to remove the steel bezel (unless its really dirty) as there's an o-ring underneath which is VERY difficult to put back in place. I damaged mine and had to get rid of it.

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
Thanks great info. I dont think I would be confident doing this myself tho. May look at it later. Yes the glass sounds like plastic alrite. Is there any chance of the bezel falling out?