• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Avenger II Seawolf PVD - Question

HugoBugo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/18
Germany
Hello together,

I decided that my new Watch will be a Breitling, and because i like how good the colors black and yellow looking together i want to purchase this piece:

Avenger II Seawolf PVD GF 1:1 Best Edition Black Dial On Black Nylon Strap A2824
https://jtime.cc/us/avenger-ii-seaw...on-black-dial-on-black-nylon-strap-a2824.html

The only two things that annoy me is, that the Secondmarker is not a square instead they make a triangle and the biggest flaw that i noticed is that the background from the date is black and not like the real one white.

Here are some pics to compare, at first a Gen:

and here the rep:

Could you guys live with that kind of flaws? Is here someone who have exactly this watch and can tell me something about it?
I think i can live with that date background, because i like the black background better then the white, just the triangle secondmarker is something i dont like.
Someone has some experience if its hard to find the square secondmarker on the internet?

Thank you and have a good day!

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Mate, you're comparing the wrong watches. The gen is the first seawolf, the rep is a seawolf II.

Just stick with GF's. It's accurate.

Reactions: tkingjr

HugoBugo

26/6/18
Germany
What the.... i´m just not into the Breitling Game... sorry for this. I will show pics as soon as i have this beauty. Thank you!

Kimmeren123

10/11/16
Norway
pvd coating is solid. i have a franken limited edition one
i use it as a beater, almost no dings visible for now..
gen dial
gen hands
gen date wheel + rotor and more (soon going ETA)
gf base watch

Reactions: MarquisSalace

HugoBugo

26/6/18
Germany
I just send the payment to jtime and now i wait for the qc pics
Eagl3 thank you for your review, in my opinion its a beautiful watch!

HugoBugo

26/6/18
Germany
pvd coating is solid. i have a franken limited edition one
i use it as a beater, almost no dings visible for now..
gen dial
gen hands
gen date wheel + rotor and more (soon going ETA)
gf base watch

Do you buy the gen stuff here on the forum or is there another source? The yellow dial looks great too

Kimmeren123

10/11/16
Norway
Do you buy the gen stuff here on the forum or is there another source? The yellow dial looks great too

from an other member, this i have only changed to gen rubbers myself rest was done, i have a superavenger that keeps fucking with me that im building, first got it gen dial hands and movement had shipping damage sent it to change crown for gen one, also got it regulated and polished, then i was stupid and asked to fit gen clickspring and it got stuck while at the modders place i permited him to pry it off whatever it took cause i was mentally done with the entire watch, it left alot of maks getting the bezel off, and i got major ocd with my watches!
i was 50/50 give up or go big, so big i went ofc and i got a gen midcase for it on an impulse but it was DLC coated,
i have now made arangements for sending it EU-US for a really fine beed blasting treatment ($98) i have the option to get it acid treated in EU for €750 but id rather send it sandblasted to Finnland to my modder that has the greatest patience on this earth dealing with my at times psycotic demands and mood swings :p so that i can have it polished, fit gen bezel +clickspring maybe get a proof xtal for it aswell even thogh it takes away some of the breitling feel, i can always go gen later so why not try somthing new.. also need 2x gen pushers for the build and i have seen a caseback at a steep $350 but the thoght of building a hyper franken almost outweighs my sence of money.. this build will cost me as much if not more than the cheapest gens out there, but its mine it has challenged me and tested my will, im going to be way more proud of it than any gen i could ever buy it really has a story to tell and it has parts from several different watches but almost all gen after a while.. im going for a gen pro2 bracelet at some point but this all costs money and i need to be sober about my desissions as i can never sell it for any money as it wont ever be a "gen" (is it legal to sell if all breitling parts but started as a rep but nolonger has any rep element to it?)

so the seawolf project is a future thing, eta swap, relume, regulation, and a gen dlc 20mm buckle ($6-700) is my thoghts till now it has gen pro 3 rubber that i really like the feel of, i also have that same rubber on my SA and it hugs my wrist so nicely that the bracelet is in no rush even thogh breitling pro2 bracelet is one of the best straps ive ever had only downside is the scratches it attracts.. im going insane with my builds and im afraid i will pick me up a rolex franken to further when my breitling bug has stoped biting me
just a few pictures from my franken madness

Reactions: tkingjr

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Hello together,

I decided that my new Watch will be a Breitling, and because i like how good the colors black and yellow looking together i want to purchase this piece:

Avenger II Seawolf PVD GF 1:1 Best Edition Black Dial On Black Nylon Strap A2824
https://jtime.cc/us/avenger-ii-seaw...on-black-dial-on-black-nylon-strap-a2824.html

The only two things that annoy me is, that the Secondmarker is not a square instead they make a triangle and the biggest flaw that i noticed is that the background from the date is black and not like the real one white.

Here are some pics to compare, at first a Gen:

Could you guys live with that kind of flaws? Is here someone who have exactly this watch and can tell me something about it?
I think i can live with that date background, because i like the black background better then the white, just the triangle secondmarker is something i dont like.
Someone has some experience if its hard to find the square secondmarker on the internet?

Thank you and have a good day!

It is very important to check the model numbers. The link to Jtime is model M17331. I have the GF version. It is an excellent Rep. What is the model number of the Gen watch you are showing. in your first pic? Sometimes you have to triple check the model number because on occasion the factories are lazy and use a case back they have in stock. JF has been making a Chronomat with the wrong case back for years. I have bought two knowing the case back is wrong.

If you read the fine print in JTime description of the watch is changed from PVD to DLC to PVD. I believe the watch is DLC. DLC is a little harder finish. PVD tends to look more like paint but it wears well. I have both types. PVD was released first. DLC came a year or so later.

The fastest way I can confirm the model number is on BreitlingSource.com. Just google Breitlingsource M17331
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/breitling-replicas/9240907-avenger-ii-seawolf-pvd-question

The Gen watch lists a 24mm strap, The Rep is 22mm.

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
As already mentioned TS compared 2 different models. First watch is a M17330 Avenger Seawolf Blacksteel limited edition of 1000pcs from 2012. i don‘t know a decent replica of this. Here is the gen:

65fea7c57693ba23bc26ff75f3044cf5.jpg

The second watch is a M17331 Avenger Seawolf II. This is a Hongkong special edition, only 50pcs were made. There is a really good rep made by GF. Not flawless but there are only 50pcs around the world so noone will spot the fake. And the strap is always 22mm for an Avenger Seawolf.

This is the gen:

aef856472037d0a3a59582f34f0cf9b9.jpg

Compare to GF‘s rep:

6c8b042f54cd52f24aaad9c50bca464e.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

HugoBugo

26/6/18
Germany
Hello together,
i´m sorry for my late response. I had to cancel the order because jtime got no watch from the factory. I already bought a other watch, but i cant forget this beauty and because of that, i decided to sell my Zzf V2 Submariner and order the avenger on another td. So people if someone want to swap his breitling avenger seawolf II against a ZZF V2 Sub with 2836 movement you can write me.