• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cal24/eta7754

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
BP Navi World is good, but not quite there.

xFgOK.jpg

needs this:

xFJuR.jpg

xGDdv.jpg

xFx6L.jpg

and these:

xGZJ1.jpg

now to find a nice gen strap and buckle.

:)

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
heck yeah!!
I have to say, I need a bit of explaining!
The vagueness, however, leads my in a direction I appreciate, ha!

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
BP by itself is good, but I wanted a gen movement, hands, datewheel and crown on it. I can’t leave well enough alone!

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
BP by itself is good, but I wanted a gen movement, hands, datewheel and crown on it. I can’t leave well enough alone!

I don’t blame you!
ive still yet to venture into taking off the case back to get to the dial/crystal to clean up my reps!
my black dial BP world especially is super dirty! The white slide rule is speckled with shavings and grit or whatever it is... pretty much all my reps have dust and specs under the crystal...

I need to get a tool to take them out...
is it hard to do?

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
I don’t blame you!
ive still yet to venture into taking off the case back to get to the dial/crystal to clean up my reps!
my black dial BP world especially is super dirty! The white slide rule is speckled with shavings and grit or whatever it is... pretty much all my reps have dust and specs under the crystal...

is it hard to do?

I could not say for sure if it’s easy as I don’t do any of this work myself. I send them to trusted modders on RWI to handle this work on my pieces. I would venture a guess though that the entire movement has to come out to get at the sliderule as I am pretty sure it won’t pop off from the top easily. I could be wrong though, so someone may be along to correct me.

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
I don’t blame you!

is it hard to do?
I've done it. I just couldn't live with the dirt anymore. A few observations:

1. The A7750 is not difgicult yo remove. It has three saddles that keep it linked to the watch case/movement cage.
2. They are small though, get a set of magnifiers and fine pliers, or keep your eyes peeled. One of them got lodged inside the movement when I removed it, causing a heart attack :p.
3. Watch out for fingerprints on the crystal and dial
4. Indeed, the slide rule and bezel is internally mounted, it is a movement out job.
5. Keep cleaning tools at hand, looks like this movement was assembled in a sandbox by a cheeto eating toddler. It is D.I.R.T.Y!
6. Watch out for the hands, keep really focussed while you do all of this.
7. Finally, when popping it back in, make sure the saddles are aligned with their little "alcoves" on the case, else the movement will be misaligned

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
I've done it. I just couldn't live with the dirt anymore. A few observations:

1. The A7750 is not difgicult yo remove. It has three saddles that keep it linked to the watch case/movement cage.
2. They are small though, get a set of magnifiers and fine pliers, or keep your eyes peeled. One of them got lodged inside the movement when I removed it, causing a heart attack :p.
3. Watch out for fingerprints on the crystal and dial
4. Indeed, the slide rule and bezel is internally mounted, it is a movement out job.
5. Keep cleaning tools at hand, looks like this movement was assembled in a sandbox by a cheeto eating toddler. It is D.I.R.T.Y!
6. Watch out for the hands, keep really focussed while you do all of this.
7. Finally, when popping it back in, make sure the saddles are aligned with their little "alcoves" on the case, else the movement will be misaligned

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I REALLY appreciate that! I’ll watch a few videos, take off the back and give it some thought!
cheapest place to find the tool to take off Navitimer Case back ?

Yes DIRTY is fitting. I couldn’t clean the bracelet enough when my wrist would sweat at work my wrist would turn black from thr crap in the bracelet! I cleaned that sucker with a toothbrush 3 times and it’s still a bit dirty...

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Wow, way to go franken.

I agree with captiansplash, it's not a hard job. But you really have to be focused. Keep your kid away and don't drink coffee (makes you shake when doing this micro work.)

You should definitely get a piece of rodico to clean the dial. Also handy to put your little screws in for safe keeping. Getting the caseback of? Try a ball of reversed ductape. (Sticky side out) or a rubber ball. If not avail. Buy a Breitling caseback opener from Ali. I did.

Last edited:

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
Man all the feedback has been awesome!
i will def. try the rubber ball and duct tape before getting the actual tool designed for it, ha!!
I just wanna take it off, then chicken out a couple of times...

on another note, I realized yesterday that I LOVE my BP world black dial and cannot wait you get it all shiny inside and out!