• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Superocean Heritage '57: A Tribute

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
The expense is justified by a SW300 movement in

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: tkingjr

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19

Everett270

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
10/4/15
US

Okay, at least it makes sense now, I thought it would be a typical Asian clone. I can't say I love the decision, but I still am glad this model is finally getting some recognition.

slashcam

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
26/4/21
Germany
Has anyone seen anything more about this apparent release by Original Factory? It popped up in a Facebook group a couple days ago.

Has anyone seen any of these pop up at a TD? They look stunning from angles - love this watch :drool:

atom

10/2/12
Very interesting, even at that price if it is indeed a Swiss SW300 movement.

Without seeing a side view, tough to tell if the thickness is correct, but with an SW300 it should be.

Dial side looks great. Hard to tell if the sunburst effect is there, but I assume it is.

Crown/bezel/case shape look correct around back, so hopefully that points to correct thickness. Case back engraving looks shallow.

Bracelet looks nice. Fits the lugs well. Not perfect though, from the rear the "end" of the bracelet should be even with the lugs, looks a little short.

Would love another angle to judge the crystal and lugs.

I want one, but $800 for a fake watch that only goes for around $3500+ depending on the color is a bit much. Even if it is well made.

Last edited:

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I do prefer the SOHII to this so I think I’ll stick with that, keen to see what Original factory produce as I’ve had the Bamford Tag which was gen like and now have the Endurance Pro and it’s phenomenal quality.

Only problem is TD’s don’t seem to list Original factory pieces they seem to lurk in the shadows it’s only word of mouth. So any members hear about releases please post:thumbsup:

slashcam

Supporter
Certified
26/4/21
Germany
I do prefer the SOHII to this so I think I’ll stick with that, keen to see what Original factory produce as I’ve had the Bamford Tag which was gen like and now have the Endurance Pro and it’s phenomenal quality.

Only problem is TD’s don’t seem to list Original factory pieces they seem to lurk in the shadows it’s only word of mouth. So any members hear about releases please post:thumbsup:

I ordered the OF version of the Breitling Superocean Heritage '57 from JTime - thanks again Jtime :thumbsup:
As soon as the watch is in QC it will be measured by Lana and I will share the specs with you :)

Reactions: atom

slashcam

Supporter
Certified
26/4/21
Germany
If anybody is still interested, here is the thickness of the OF Breitling Superocean Heritage '57 (10.5 mm vs 9.9 mm gen - and Li confirmed that it is a Swiss SW300 movement)

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
If anybody is still interested, here is the thickness of the OF Breitling Superocean Heritage '57 (10.5 mm vs 9.9 mm gen - and Li confirmed that it is a Swiss SW300 movement)

What was the price from Li? The GF version is $450

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
In the GF thread there is a video with some measurements and caseback to crystal it was 9.9mm. On this model the bezel actually is elevated like a dinner plate from the Crystal so it may just be measuring to a different point than what Breitling references as the gen measurement due to the unusual bezel design.

atom

10/2/12
In the GF thread there is a video with some measurements and caseback to crystal it was 9.9mm. On this model the bezel actually is elevated like a dinner plate from the Crystal so it may just be measuring to a different point than what Breitling references as the gen measurement due to the unusual bezel design.

In the video, the case back to crystal is ~11 while case back to bezel is 9.9. You can see he measures only the edge to get 9.9. The crystal protrudes from the bezel about 1mm, you can see it as well in the side views.

Without a gen, who knows how they measure it, and perhaps the crystal on gen doesn't protrude? So maybe the cases are identical and it's just the crystal difference?

The GF also uses a thicker movement than the OF/Gen. About 1mm thicker. Which would explain it being ~1mm thicker.

Last edited:

MrReuben

25/5/20
As a dive watch enthusiast with puny wrists this looks amazing! gen has 46mm lug-to-lug which is super wearable and combined with the <10mm thickness, I may just have to pick one of these up! Hopefully someone buys the modded seiko I have up on watchexchange so i can cover one of these haha

MrReuben

25/5/20

Can't seem to find this thread, can anyone point me in the right direction?