• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Superocean Heritage '57: A Tribute

Theums19

Horology Curious
16/1/15
Hi Breitling fans,

This morning I woke up and saw the striking black dial version of the new Superocean Heritage '57. Look at this beauty:
xkEqX.jpg

It's a tribute to the original Breitling diving watch from '57:
xkNXi.jpg

This watch is really wonderful. I'm pretty sure there is not a rep of it yet, since it's a quite new model. If it ever comes... However, if anyone finds one, comment on this topic! I NEED IT :)

Comment down below what you guys think of it?
xkRbb.jpg

Have a good one and thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: chentepilot

chentepilot

Known Member
7/11/18
I was skeptical at first if it would even be feasible to replicate, due to it’s thinness at 9.9mm, a true skin diver!

I’ve just researched a bit about the movement used, that is the Breitling Caliber 10 (ETA 2892 based) which can be sourced and is used in its asian iteration in many examples already.

All a factory needs is a market for it, and that is yet to be discovered.

Reactions: Theums19

LT_UTC

Known Member
5/3/17
CH
I was skeptical at first if it would even be feasible to replicate, due to it’s thinness at 9.9mm, a true skin diver!

I’ve just researched a bit about the movement used, that is the Breitling Caliber 10 (ETA 2892 based) which can be sourced and is used in its asian iteration in many examples already.

Thank you for your research. I am pleased to hear that a rep version of the Superocean Heritage '57 is feasible (at least regarding the movement). Let's wait and see wich factory jumps on this first.

Theums19

Horology Curious
16/1/15

Thanks for researching that indeed. I hope a factory jumps on it. Superocean is quite a popular watch though, and this is a special one!

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
Still waiting on this one! Come on rep factories! I might buy a Rado captain cook to scratch the itch for this watch lol.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I bought the Breitling Superocean Heritage II Chrono 44mm Outerknown M13313 made by OXF (formally ANF). It is a very nice watch. I added a photo of my watch with a Gen Breitling strap and an ANF Deployant.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I also bought a Superocean Heritage 46mm by ANF now OMF. Keep in mind OMF is not as good as GF. But with this watch, you don't have any other options. Only our members could tell it was a Rep. This is a QC pic with the plastic still on the mesh bracelet. I didn't have time to take a photo.

Reactions: Liamc85 and Haltec

Theums19

Horology Curious
16/1/15
God still waiting on it.. There's no superocean that comes close to looking so nice! I tried on the genuine at a jeweler, wanted to run away with it so bad lol

Everett270

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
10/4/15
US
Has anyone seen anything more about this apparent release by Original Factory? It popped up in a Facebook group a couple days ago.

Reactions: tkingjr

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Has anyone seen anything more about this apparent release by Original Factory? It popped up in a Facebook group a couple days ago.
Have not heard anything about it yet. But if it’s Original factory they made the Aquaracer x Bamford which was stunning so keen to see more details.

Everett270

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
10/4/15
US
I'm trying to find a way to justify a price like that but I just can't. It's disappointing to hear.