• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Premier Chronograph 42 - A13315 on PureTime 8/2020

seafoam

20/9/09
Interesting 1st and 2nd post......
You might consider having a look at the pictures in the op or reading what has already been discussed. This watch IS in the native configuration for the 7750. No mods necessary for this one.

Most, if not all, issues with the A7750 come about from adding additional tranfer gears and such. When in its native configuration, like this one, the A7750 is generally considered quite reliable.

Agreed. I'd say from my experience with A7750 that MAYBE 2 or 3 of the MANY watches I own and have owned have had issues. And those issues were typically minor. I'd say generally speaking A7750 are considered very reliable and if serviced, can even be on par with the ETA7750 in terms of reliability. As Nanook65 pointed out, most issues come from the movements that have the regular seconds subdial at 6 o'clock.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Has anyone ordered this one yet? Better yet, has anyone gotten QC pics yet? If so, please do share...

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
So which factory is it? BLS?

176e56f03eb43d72e26eef88b50fd632.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Andrew def. assured me it was BLS! This was cross-referenced with Ryan at InTime. Indeed BLS!

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I have never heard of that factory before.

Yea, nor have I. Doesn't necessarily mean anything good or bad, but I do think it is easier to do things poorly than do them well. When GF came along and started doing Breitlings I think they were basically an unknown too, right?

It would inspire a bit more confidence if we all knew a little more about this one.

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Well BLS seems to have done a fantastic job replicating this watch! Next purchase..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
I wonder if they’re who did my stratos gray navitimer rep. I’ve always called it “unknown factory” bc Andrew didn’t know or wouldn’t tell me.. it is a good build quality.. the main tell is the slide rule markings do not reach the dial markings and the case back is wrong, but it’s a quality piece.

Last edited:

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Yea, nor have I. Doesn't necessarily mean anything good or bad, but I do think it is easier to do things poorly than do them well. When GF came along and started doing Breitlings I think they were basically an unknown too, right?

It would inspire a bit more confidence if we all knew a little more about this one.

Yes. GF released the Breitling Blackbird shortly after H Factory was seized. They made a blunder on the first release but stopped selling the watches till the new crowns arrived. After that, they moved into first place on Breitling's (my humble opinion).

Reactions: Katarsis

batman_symbol

Horology Curious
10/3/19
Yes. GF released the Breitling Blackbird shortly after H Factory was seized. They made a blunder on the first release but stopped selling the watches till the new crowns arrived. After that, they moved into first place on Breitling's (my humble opinion).

Just from my recent experiences, GF has been slipping or at least coming slow out of the gate...and I say that as a Breitling lover and GF fan. My most recent purchase of the Superocean II 44 came with a big surprise in QC round 1. The bezel numbers where from another planet! Check this out: https://imgur.com/a/MHXYFDP
Also, printing on the 2 o'clock #2 is not as sharp as it should be, see bottom right of the #2 vs the 2 at 12 oclock. I think that they often give you a previously rejected watch on round one hoping that they can slip it by someone who is less experienced. Once you reject they probably make a better one. This has been my experience with GF for the last 3 watches.

Last edited:

batman_symbol

Horology Curious
10/3/19
I hate to break it to you, but this is at least as much a fn of your TD as it is GF if not more.
Please elaborate. Im curious as to what you mean by that. Are you saying the PT is being lazy and pawning of low quality pieces they having laying around on me?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Please elaborate. Im curious as to what you mean by that. Are you saying the PT is being lazy and pawning of low quality pieces they having laying around on me?

Pretty much, yes....
Here is the thing, there isn't anything particularly wrong with PureTime, TrustyTime, InTime etc. They are all TD's & none of them will straight up screw you, but you will get better customer service & a better QC job from some of the smaller TD's.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
I am going to have to say that at least for me, trustytime gives me GREAT customer service and I honestly feel like he sources me good pieces and takes care of me!
i dropped the “smaller td” in favor of Andrew!
i did get a sub par piece from Intime though... and to make up for it they gave me a $15 coupon code, ha!

I could be wrong and it is just the luck of the draw but I trust Andrew to do me right..
(I understand Andrew or trustytime was not specifically called out here.. just wanted to give my input)

Reactions: seafoam

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Andrew def. assured me it was BLS! This was cross-referenced with Ryan at InTime. Indeed BLS!

I am ordering it from Mary. She says it it from BLS as well. She has no horse in the race and is as reliable as it gets... PureTime is the only one that still has it listed differently so at this point I think it is pretty safe to say it is from BLS

Reactions: KJ2020

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
I am ordering it from Mary. She says it it from BLS as well. She has no horse in the race and is as reliable as it gets... PureTime is the only one that still has it listed differently so at this point I think it is pretty safe to say it is from BLS

Man I looked at pics of it on trustytime and elsewhere and compared them to the pics in my breitling catalogue and it looked pretty good, the markers all seemed to look the same and in the right place to me.
really excited to get some wrist shots when that time comes!!!

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Man I looked at pics of it on trustytime and elsewhere and compared them to the pics in my breitling catalogue and it looked pretty good, the markers all seemed to look the same and in the right place to me.
really excited to get some wrist shots when that time comes!!!

yea, I did the same and nothing really jumped out at me either.. i think it looks pretty great, but I guess we shall see...

If no one has posted QC pics by the time I get them I will do that so everyone has a chance to see some QC pics. I'm guessing it will be towards the end of next week before I get the QC pics because I just know that's kind of how Mary rolls . I'm going to ask her to take a picture of the thickness of it with a caliper Either way, when I finally get the watch I will definitely post some pics