• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Premier Chronograph 42 - A13315 on PureTime 8/2020

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I saw this one for the first time just this afternoon on PureTime & I have not seen it elsewhere yet so I thought I would share my findings with everyone: https://puretimewatch.io/blg2020080302.html Prices are not up yet, but it looks decent at first glance especially in regards to the thickness and the datewheel not being sunken which seems to afflict so many chronos. Obviously there are some missing details as to who the maker is and the movement etc, but it looks promising to me. I do notice that as of now there is no Bracelet offered, but maybe that will be along in the not too distant future. PureTime's lighting and photography is rather poor in comparison to the pics on Breitling's website, but I think we can sort of tell mostly what it is going to look like.

I am pretty sure I will pop for one. Here are some pics. Obviously the 1st one is of the Rep from PureTime's site and the other ones I have the Gen on the Left straight off the Breitling Site and the Rep on the Right.
What do other Breitling fans think?

50185662453_aa7e70efa8_b.jpg

50186426592_7985445e24_b.jpg

50186427752_5c87d255be_b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: nunu78

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
I like it, I'm wanting to add a Brietling to my collection been so close to getting the previous premier several times, but was concerned about the thickness, this if correct is 2.5mm thinner so could be the one for me

Last edited:

nunu78

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/10
i'm also waiting for more details, with a close back i hope it will reach to super rep status.

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
I’ll wait for this one

8e209eab6adf3d09f09eb4aa4d849b62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Huh?
I don't get it. Isn't the one you posted the exact same one that PureTime has listed and I posted?

The black dial is the one I want .. not blue..

Edit: I guess the dial looks blue because of the AR. But it is black. My bad.

Last edited:

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
It will most likely use the same case as the Premier B01 rep, as they use the same movement. The lack of a display case back might allow it to be a hair thinner, but not likely much. Both reps use the same movement, one with transfer gears for a 3-6-9 B01 configuration, and the standard 7750 for the 6-9-12 config of the A13315.

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
It will most likely use the same case as the Premier B01 rep, as they use the same movement. The lack of a display case back might allow it to be a hair thinner, but not likely much. Both reps use the same movement, one with transfer gears for a 3-6-9 B01 configuration, and the standard 7750 for the 6-9-12 config of the A13315.

Don’t forget this one does not have a sunken DW and it says it’s 12.5mm.

Last edited:

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Don’t forget this one does not have a sunken DW.

The date wheel isn’t sunken. The height of the dial relative to the movement baseplate is what changes. The datewheel never changes its position. To allow the transfer gears to cross the datewheel for the 3 o’clock register to function, the gears must be placed above the datewheel...and the dial must be elevated to compensate. Here’s a pic that might help for those not familiar with a 7753 clone movement:

N1WU4.jpg

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
The date wheel isn’t sunken. The height of the dial relative to the movement baseplate is what changes. The datewheel never changes its position. To allow the transfer gears to cross the datewheel for the 3 o’clock register to function, the gears must be placed above the datewheel...and the dial must be elevated to compensate.......

Are you saying that it is not a sunken date wheel that is the cause of the appearance of it being sunken? But rather the distance between the dial and the date wheel? I am pretty sure this is what you are saying and certainly your picture shows why this is so, but.....

Isn't this only true when there is a register @ 3? I believe that this one uses the 7750 in its native configuration and therefore does not need the extra gears.

if you look at the PureTime close up of the date area it certainly does not appear sunken like many of the others we have seen & they are claiming a thickness of 12.5mm.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Are you saying that it is not a sunken date wheel that is the cause of the appearance of it being sunken? But rather the distance between the dial and the date wheel? I am pretty sure this is what you are saying and certainly your picture shows why this is so, but.....

Isn't this only true when there is a register @ 3? I believe that this one uses the 7750 in its native configuration and therefore does not need the extra gears.

if you look at the PureTime close up of the date area it certainly does not appear sunken like many of the others we have seen & they are claiming a thickness of 12.5mm.

Yes you are correct. With dial configurations of 6-9-12, there is no need for transfer gears (native 7750 config) so no sunken date wheel. That being said, the crown tube position in the case would remain the same. Maybe they are using a different case than the B01 version, but I doubt it. The solid case back would be more shallow and the crystal could be positioned lower to the case, but that wouldn’t make it 12.5mm. I think the overall loss of height could be as much as 1mm, but not more than that - unless they use a new case. Maybe they will get it right?

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I just compared the Puretime photos of the B01 and the new A13315. There does seem to be a substantial difference in crystal height, as well as case back. And the machining on the case looks different as well. Looks more like a different case to me, and could be really close to the gen 12.5mm height.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Yes you are correct. With dial configurations of 6-9-12, there is no need for transfer gears (native 7750 config) so no sunken date wheel. That being said.........Maybe they will get it right?

Let's hope so

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I just compared the Puretime photos of the B01 and the new A13315...........Looks more like a different case to me, and could be really close to the gen 12.5mm height.

A Breitling Chrono that is12.5mm thick (same as gen) with no sunken date wheel and everything working as it should is a huge step in the right direction!

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
I just compared the Puretime photos of the B01 and the new A13315. There does seem to be a substantial difference in crystal height, as well as case back. And the machining on the case looks different as well. Looks more like a different case to me, and could be really close to the gen 12.5mm height.

It appears the Gen is 13,8mm thick, according to the official website statement. https://www.breitling.com/gb-en/watches/premier/premier-chronograph-42/A13315351B1/

Reactions: OldNavitimer

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
It appears the Gen is 13,8mm thick, according to the official website statement......

When I stated that the gen was 12.5mm thick it wasn't because I looked it up, but more because I saw the 12.5 stated on PureTime's site and that made sense. If the rep makers can make the Rep the same thickness as the Gen they tend to do so. Generally speaking if they are wrong, Rep makers make watches thicker, not thinner than the Gen. The reason for this is there is never a difficulty making a watch thicker, but often times it is difficult to make it as thin as the Gen because they are limited with the movements that they have available to work with. The Breitling Premier B01 with the registers @ 3 & 9 is a perfect example of this. The Gen with Breitlings B01 movement in it is stated on Breitlings website as 13.65mm thick and the Rep is 15mm. This 1.35mm thicker is not insignificant and may or may not bother you, but the reason for it is exactly what OldNavitimers picture shows above. The rep makers had to put extra gears onto an existing movement and those extra gears forced them to make the whole case thicker.

In the case of the Premier Chrono 42 A13315 PureTime has stated a thickness of 12.5mm. My guess is that the discrepancy is because of the way two different parties are measuring it. Breitling is probably measuring from the back of the case to the top of the dome and PureTime is measuring from the back of the case to where the case stops. I don't know for sure because I don't have either watch in hand, but I would guess that the Gen and the watch that has been repped are basically exactly the same thickness. TD's have been known to frequently make this sort of mistake and since the watch has a boxed domed sapphire crystal that would account for about 1.3mm. I guess no one really knows for sure yet, but that is my best guess.

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
That would make a lot more sense, and certainly achievable by the rep makers. I thought 12.5mm was awfully thin for a 7750 movement!

Exactly what I thought too mate. The 7750 alone is about 8mm thick. I believe the thinnest version of the 7750 is the one we find in the ARF Daytona and the ylf/zf iwc Portuguese 3714 (although those are heavily modified to make them thin and move the running second)

Last edited:

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
I saw this while waking and then slipped on my drool!
I honestly thought I was done buying for a while.... and then this! I bet it isGF. Can’t wait for this to arrive on trustytime site!
hopefully some more Navi’s come out soon too!

thanks for the post!!