• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question about QC jf navitimer

Herr Fugbaum

Looking Around
27/3/17
Dear community,

I've been a passive reader here for some time now and thanks to the great information found here I have now placed my first order at a TD. It's a jf navitimer.
I received the QC pictures and have concerns whether or not the slide rule is out of tolerances. It looked quite off on one the first ba4ch so I asked to align it and take a front view picture.

Herr Fugbaum

Looking Around
27/3/17
While the numbers on the outer slide rule appear to be aligned or just slightly off, around the 30 it's almost half a marking off. On the pictures in the shops it usually looks nicely aligned. JF Navitimer owners, what do you think? Is this a normal tolerance you encountered aswell?

Herr Fugbaum

Looking Around
27/3/17
Thank you for the advice.
Another thing I am concerned about is the lume painting on the hour hand. Compared to the nicely regular colour on the minute hand to me it appears to have a little grey-ish tint to it on all pictures. Or have I just zoomed in too much on a detail that won't show in real life?

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Yes, it's slightly misaligned.
Yes, there's a imperfection visible in the lume.

But unless you have an ocd, you won't notice them unless you're constant paying attention to it. It's a rep, expect a different quality as a gen. And even the gen isn't always perfect.

​​​​​​​I would take it.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Your expectations are too high. You are paying 10% of the cost of a Gen. You can't see these minor issues under normal viewing of your watch.

^^^^^This

You are not going to enjoy your watch with you unhealthy nit-picking. It's a replica watch.

Herr Fugbaum

Looking Around
27/3/17
I thank everyone for their honest opinion. I summarise that despite some flaws it's well within acceptable tolerances - and that's what I wanted to know

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Man, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a JF aligned properly...
mine was off as mich as this too.
if that bothers you, you need to swap to GF or BP version. GF is an 01 with B logo instead of wings and the BP is the older slightly smaller a23322...
I have bought all the navi reps available except oxf and aif Bc they don’t count imo, and the best ones have been the GF and the BP a23322 with the common knowledge being the 46mm BP world gmt black dial being the best and do my super rep for navitimers...

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Let me specify thought that I made the mistake of getting the blue dial and people seem to be a lot higher on the black dial as there is actually a gen of it...

good luck!!

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Here's three different Navis:

0y8TR.jpg

0y6qL.jpg

0ynDQ.jpg

Your alignment is within spec. I wouldn't expect any better than what you are getting.