• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Deployant Clasp Genuine vs Aliexpress "mid tier" Replica Photo Comparison

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
I just received a Breitling deployant replica (the one for rubber straps) from Aliexpress, and I wanted to show the comparison with the genuine clasp. The gen clasp photos are from the internet.

This clasp is "mid tier" as it is available from multiple sellers on Aliexpress for about $80. This puts it above the crap $18 ones that have springbar holes for adjustment instead of the sliding mechanism. It is cheaper (by half) that the top of the line AN factory replica that members have bought around $160-180 from our dealers. Link here for example: https://chazingtime06.co/products/genuine-breitling-deployant-clasp

I asked the dealer I purchased from what factory produced it, and I got "it is custom" as a response. :confused:

I'll let the pictures show, but overall I am happy and impressed. The logo and depth of printing look right on. The clasp action feels solid. The most obvious missing feature is the lack of model number printing. I'll update with mounted photos and impressions on the wrist as well.

1.jpg

1a.jpg

2.jpg

2a.jpg

2b.jpg

3.jpg

3a.jpg

5.jpg

5a.jpg

Alangep

2/10/14
Good comparison.
I wish it existed in 18mm, I've been looking for one of that quality for a long time. I have the one that you comment, that I bought from Ali in 20mm and it is really good for that price.

Last edited:

Alangep

2/10/14
Good comparison.
I wish it existed in 18mm, I've been looking for one of that quality for a long time. I have the one that you comment, that I bought from Ali in 20mm and it is really good for that price.
Well said and done, I have found one of 18 and is on the way. I hope it has the same quality as the 20mm one.

Last edited:
Reactions: stufuse

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
what a find!! Can we get the link for Aliexpress? Thanks

If you search Ali for "breiting deployant" you'll see plenty of them. These are in the $80-110 range, and the pictures are often the same despite being different sellers. It seems to come in black, brushed, and polished. I could not find the AN factory version on Ali.

The specific seller I bought from is here: Top quality black siliver Stainess Steel Buckle For Breitling strap 20mm Polishing Double Click Clasp watch band watchband 1884|Watchbands| - AliExpress.

Buy at your own risk, non TD, etc. I also bought Ocean racer straps in black and blue, and a Breitling deployant for leather from them. They shipped DHL at my request for additional cost, and they price matched the deployant to $80 after I showed them the other seller's prices.

ORblack.jpg

ORblack-00860.jpg

ORblack-00855.jpg

Reactions: stufuse

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Hey!
thanks for this!!
ive yet to get into the breitling reps that seem to necessitate rubber straps..
also, pardon my absolute ignorance, but these can’t work with leather straps, yeah?

Also, do you know the best place to get the best rep deployment clasp?? The one I get from the TD’s makes me nervous it is going to just pop off if/when I flex my wrist..

I have two from eBay that I’m waiting on, but have a feeling they aren’t even going to be the same quality as the one I got from the td that normally comes on the leather straps...

Reactions: rufus7

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
pardon my absolute ignorance, but these can’t work with leather straps, yeah?

Also, do you know the best place to get the best rep deployment clasp?? The one I get from the TD’s makes me nervous it is going to just pop off if/when I flex my wrist..

I have two from eBay that I’m waiting on, but have a feeling they aren’t even going to be the same quality as the one I got from the td that normally comes on the leather straps...

I would say that you could match pretty much any Breitling to one of the rubber designs and it would look fine. After wearing this a full week, it is the most comfortable, perfect fitting strap combo I've ever worn.

This deployant would not work with standard breitling leathers, however, if you knew exactly what length would work for your wrist, you could have a custom strap maker like ziczac leather make one that would work with this.

I bought a deployant for leather from the same aliexpress dealer. I'll show pics below. I haven't worn it yet. Quality looks good, except for the part with the logo is a bit rattly, but that could be solved by a thicker springbar or slight mod I believe. I picked this one because it was the most expensive on AE, so I'd either end up with a good one, or ripped off.

I used standard rep leather deployants for years, and rarely, if ever did it pop off by itself. I did find them uncomfortable though, as with my small wrist, there was so much strap tucked underneath and the metal part dug right into a nerve in my wrist.

DSC00874.jpg

DSC00875.jpg

DSC00876.jpg

Watch_Addicted

Known Member
18/11/14
I just received a Breitling deployant replica (the one for rubber straps) from Aliexpress, and I wanted to show the comparison with the genuine clasp. The gen clasp photos are from the internet.

This clasp is "mid tier" as it is available from multiple sellers on Aliexpress for about $80. This puts it above the crap $18 ones that have springbar holes for adjustment instead of the sliding mechanism. It is cheaper (by half) that the top of the line AN factory replica that members have bought around $160-180 from our dealers. Link here for example: https://chazingtime06.co/products/genuine-breitling-deployant-clasp

I asked the dealer I purchased from what factory produced it, and I got "it is custom" as a response. :confused:

I'll let the pictures show, but overall I am happy and impressed. The logo and depth of printing look right on. The clasp action feels solid. The most obvious missing feature is the lack of model number printing. I'll update with mounted photos and impressions on the wrist as well.

1.jpg

1a.jpg

2.jpg

2a.jpg

2b.jpg

3.jpg

3a.jpg

5.jpg

5a.jpg
Hi, thank you for this post i found it really helpful because i have a small wrist and when i bought my breitling super ocena heritage 2 i received the rubber strap without deployante (the one with the holes and the buckle), but the smallest hole was anyway too big for my wrist... so then i bought the clasp you showed in the last post to adapt my rubber strap with holes to it, but i have the same problem: the internal parte hurts against the wrist and the nerve... now that you showed me this deployante i looked in the same aliexpres shop for the rubber strap (the same of the one with holes and buckle but compatible with deployante so that probably it will go for my small wrist) and i found this:
€ 8,91 38%OFF | Nuovo Braccialetto della gomma di Silicone Cinturino Per Breitling strap per Avenger Super Ocean Cinturino In Gomma di Sport 24 millimetri Strumento gratuito loghi
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BSlDvf

do you think it would be a good copy ?
the photos attached to this post are my current rubber strap with hole!
thank you very much!
1cfa408301b2d1bad314b96ffe331fde.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-G973F utilizzando Tapatalk

Watch_Addicted

Known Member
18/11/14
(obviously i would buy both your same deployante at 90$ and then the rubber strap from the link i attached in the last message to replace the low quality deployante of the strap i founf with the one you posted at the begin)

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
(obviously i would buy both your same deployante at 90$ and then the rubber strap from the link i attached in the last message to replace the low quality deployante of the strap i founf with the one you posted at the begin)

The link you posted to Ali strap are sh!t, you cannot expect any kind of quality for that price...you get what you pay for!

Alangep

2/10/14
Straps can now be purchased directly from the Breitling website. The rubbers are € 50. The original is definitely worth it.

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands

Good write-up and compare. I have the same clasps and they are great. I bought original rubber Breitling straps (nothing beats the originals in terms of look, feeling and comfort) and in combination with these clasps the look and feel is as gen! Recommended!

Watch_Addicted

Known Member
18/11/14
If you search Ali for "breiting deployant" you'll see plenty of them. These are in the $80-110 range, and the pictures are often the same despite being different sellers. It seems to come in black, brushed, and polished. I could not find the AN factory version on Ali.

The specific seller I bought from is here: Top quality black siliver Stainess Steel Buckle For Breitling strap 20mm Polishing Double Click Clasp watch band watchband 1884|Watchbands| - AliExpress.

Buy at your own risk, non TD, etc. I also bought Ocean racer straps in black and blue, and a Breitling deployant for leather from them. They shipped DHL at my request for additional cost, and they price matched the deployant to $80 after I showed them the other seller's prices.

ORblack.jpg

ORblack-00860.jpg

ORblack-00855.jpg
I searched on Aliexpress for a similar deployante, but with model number engraving on the underside, and in the range of price of 80-110$ i found one that, from the photos in the description of the item, seems to me to have the model number engraving.
i show the link and the photos:
€ 72,33 19%OFF | Per Breitlin g Classic 1884 18 20 millimetri Gomma di Silicone Della Cinghia degli uomini Argento In Acciaio Inox titanium Fibbia di Ricambio chiusura
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BTO3u4

Probably this one is the same quality of the one you bought, but with model number engraving on the underside like the original!
a47ed045baa9721fad0545c59dc80290.jpg
85d02ab3c831eb5dc6deef5c47441cbe.jpg

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
Yes I have spoken with that seller before. I was interested in their titanium version, as they are they only one that has them. Ultimately I did not buy from them, as their answers were not honest I think. I asked for better photos of the titanium deployants, and model numbers were not correct. They had 3 left at the time, 2 were wrong, and 1 was correct. They said that is what the factory sent them. They would not say what the factory was, and when I sent them links to GF, they said "those are copies, and you have to understand that ours are original". Yeah right...that is a lie.

I have since bought a GF deployant, and that original one that I show in the review is still the highest quality of all.

Watch_Addicted

Known Member
18/11/14
Thank you very much for the infos.

And which would be the correct model number ?
in your review the Gen one has this number: A20D.4 2117 B9.

Considering that the one in the photo attached to this message is the one with model number incision, do you suggest this one or the one you bought ?

Thank you, Lorenzo
832fb248a493cfc31280fce83f2466a7.jpg